Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #1 
BellasMomma

Post Got a new tank... need help please!

I got a new 10 gallon tank for my Violet and the filter it came with is too long. The company is now closed for the weekend so Im hoping maybe someone can help. I got the Marineland Bio-Wheel LED Aquarium Kit 10 gallon and the filter it came with (penguin bio wheel 100) doesn't really fit in the tank. It basically came with all these little extender pieces so I followed the directions and its too long. So I tried to take off the middle piece but they don't hook together. Its either all of them or one and with the one it only goes about half way down the tank. Basically I'd just like to know if this is ok. If the filter doesn't need all the pieces it comes with and that it will still work properly. As of now its running just fine but I just got it today and haven't put Violet in it yet so I dont know if its actually doing much.
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #2 
BellasMomma

Maybe I didn't explain this right... the piece that is too long is the part that sucks up the water.....
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum.....

To understand.... the intake tube with multi piece is too long.....correct.....

If the one piece that will make it work only goes half way...that fine...even perfect IMO...sometimes if the intake tube is too close to the bottom it can cause problems......so half way is good.....can you post a pic......

Be sure and acclimate her properly to the water chemistry before you add her to the 10gal-by adding small amounts of the new dechlorinated water from the 10gal to her holding cup for 10-15 min or to tolerance.....this will get her acclimated to both temp and chemistry.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote