Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #1 
thedaan

Heater Help Needed

Hi everyone...I purchased a heater for one of my bettas. He is in a 2.5 gal tank and I purchased the Elite Hagen 25w submersible heater. Now I was able to get the temperature to about 79 degress constant. But what I've noticed is that when the temperature drops in the house, so does my bettas temperature.

For example, he was at 79 degrees constant yesterday, it was about 73 degrees in my house but then during the night I got up to check and his temperature in the tank was 77 degrees...Now I know it was colder in the house probably about 69/70 degrees but is this normal for a heater and can it be dangerous for the betta with that temperature fluctuation..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
thedaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:06 AM   #2 
HatsuneMiku

that is normal with heaters ..

also 1-2 deg's change .. per 24 hr periods is fine .. you won't have to worrie much unless the temp is rising and dropping drastically in a short period of time
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote