Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #11 
purplemuffin

So he made it through the whole day, we'll see if he goes through another night. Getting ready to feed him again. I have frozen blood worms now, though I couldn't find any other sources of food at any of the local fish stores. The only other thing available was brine shrimp, and they were out. Should restock soon, though. They had frozen brine shrimp as well as the eggs--should I invest in eggs and raise them for food or just get the frozen ones?

How would one get access to mosquito larva? Just leave water outside? Could other unhealthy bug larva get in there?

If he pulls through this, I'll be buying a lot more nutritious foods online. I'm a little scared to invest in buying any now. Would be sad to have him pass away and then have food come for him in the mail a few days later!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #12 
purplemuffin

Today he actually looked kind of perky! Still couldn't swim to save his life though, but he was trying!

Side of my QT tank is getting foggy? It might just be really foggy water? I think I used more leaves this time than last time, is it just the tannins? Just want to avoid any problems.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #13 
purplemuffin

Pictures from today

Thoughts?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #14 
Banicks

Hi Purple, sorry I can't see pictures at work sometimes. This is one of those times.

When you undertake your daily 100% water change are you wiping down the sides of the tank? It will feel a bit slimey from stress coat and ES normally. That can cause clouding.

All you need to do is temp house your Betta. Empty tank, fill a little with warm water and with your hands just wipe until you just feel glass. Try and make sure your hands are clean with no cream or residue etc.

Glad to hear the little guy is perking up :)
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #15 
purplemuffin

Ah, that makes sense, thank you so much! I had been sort of wiping the sides, but I guess not very well.

Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-11-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #16 
Banicks

An afterthought as well, the water can be cloudy with AQ and ES treatment, so don't panick :)
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #17 
purplemuffin

Sweet. I knew it made the water dark, wasn't sure about the cloudy part. New to the whole sick betta thing! Just wanting to make sure. You know, don't want to ignore something that could possibly mean he's getting worse. If I don't know for sure, I'll ask here.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #18 
purplemuffin

So today Dionysus "darted" away! I was amazed, he hasn't moved so fast since this happened! :)

I think he's just still uncomfortable, or maybe depressed in the small tank--he still sits around most of the time, but when he does swim, he's getting better at it!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #19 
purplemuffin

Okay, now something is going on with his fins. They look spiky and sort of have holes in them. What's going on?? I'm doing the daily water changes...

Edit: yeah..and some of the edges look black. How did he suddenly get finrot during the treatment?

Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-12-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #20 
purplemuffin