Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #1 
titusthebetta

The Search (round 2)

So apparently I need to get over Claude by getting a new fish. :P Or at least that's what my friends are telling me. I'm getting a new guy tomorrow, and I already did some searching at Petco and Petsmart. The Petco had some beautiful double tails that looked like they had just come in, but it seemed like they had something bloated on their bodies by their caudal fins. Not sure if that's anything, though. Also, I managed to find two real healthy looking VTs at Petsmart who I got to flare. :)

Does it help to get a new guy right away? Also, are those issues with the double tails anything I should be concerned about. And is flaring a good sign for health?
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #2 
Indyfishy

It always helps me to get a new guy as soon as possible, seeing the tank stand empty is just too depressing for me =/ Some doubletail bettas have really prominent caudal peduncles (it's the little oval shaped bump that every betta has on their bodies, just before the caudal fin starts). It's not anything to worry about, it's just the way their bodies are built =) Flaring is great sign of health, an active fish is usually a healthy fish! I'm so sorry about Claude, he was a pretty little guy =( I hope things go well for you with your two new boys!!!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #3 
Luimeril

i've found...... that as much as i'd LOVE to add another boy or girl to my little school.... i can't. not yet. i lost too many, too fast, and after losing Theo, and Chappy.... i may get a newbie soon, or it may take a while. i say, when you find one, you'll know. don't go, looking for someone. let that special fish find YOU.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote