Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #1 
StarBetta

Smile Decor

Hi everyone! Like my new icon? Thanks lol. But back to the point! i was planning on getting some decor for my 10 gallon aquarium. I would like halloween themed decor. Anyone know where I could get it and get it for a low price? Thanks!! Btw my picture is my betta Rainbow.
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

You may be able to get a halloween looking tank by using pirate decor from petsmart or legos and making your own backdrop for your tank with halloween scrapbook paper.I love the idea of holdiay themed tanks...why dont they make cool holiday themed decor...

*edit*
I believe petco or petsmart sells a skull decoration that would look neat.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #3 
quyllur

I've seen Halloween themed mugs and whatnot at stores, you could grab something like that, if it's food safe it should be fish safe. I really like the idea of the themed background. And you could also put things on the outside of the tank, like those window stick on plastic things or that gauzy-spider web stuff with a few plastic spiders. Something that might be cool is if you do a background with some holes (like windows in a haunted house or the face of a jack o'lantern) you could throw an orange or yellow light behind the tank and it could shine through the holes. Bonus points if you get those pumpkin lights that look like flickering candles!
quyllur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #4 
StarBetta

Thanks! My aquarium will look awesome for Halloween! How about Fish that have Halloween colors? Maybe orange and black fish. Now THAT would be cool.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #5 
Littlebittyfish

some platies are orange and black.. i have a few!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #6 
StarBetta

I just noticed something! You see the September photo of the month? maybe if I decorate the tank with the fish and everything and take a picture, That would really fit the October photo of the month. Lol!