Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #1 
bettarainbow

Aquabid fighter betta ??

I saw some betta breeders from aquabid got their account suspended because some customers complaint about how they advertised their fishes.
I do have fighters in my fish room but i dont fight them, i just keep them because they are more healthy than other betta and they live longer. Also, their colorations are also different, i have few fighters, their colors look very close to the imbellis type. When it come to breeding, the fighter males doing very good their job from A to Z.
I just dont understand the owner of aquabid, how he run things. He said you are not allowed to advertise betta fish as fighting fish but the sellers use that word fighter, what is the difference between fighting and fighter ??
Sometimes, if you look carefully the post, you can see few sellers go more in details about the fish skills.
I believe, aquabid doesn't really follow their rules unless a buyer see it and let them know.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #2 
Lighterman

Huh...that's weird...Checked the Knowledge Base on Aquabid and they didn't have an reply on the post "Are you allowed to post an auction with fighting fish?" I'm not very sure about it but maybe he got banned for false info on product...
Lighterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #3 
betaguy

what does it mean a betta is a "fighter"
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #4 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaguy View Post
what does it mean a betta is a "fighter"

newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #5 
betaguy

Well BR sais that they live longer, so i was wondering if that was a type of betta.
sorrrrry.
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 AM   #6 
Indyfishy

Bettarainbow is right, fighter plakat's are a bit different from average bettas. They tend to be much healthier because they are bred to be strong. Their scales are stronger too, since they were first created to fight eachother. Now people mostly just keep them as pets. They're very pretty I think, they are usually black with a touch of blue or red. Here's a video of a few that were for sale as pets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TlEH...el_video_title
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:48 AM   #7 
elijahfeathers

Honestly with all the sickly stock I've been running into with fancy bettas, I'm thinking about buying fighter stock as pets. The black with the touch of blue like in that vid is very lovely... and I'd like a nice, active, HEALTHY fish that's bred for stamina and vigor before color. Sure I love my dragons and such but they only ever lay around and act lethargic/have health issues. My healthiest fish are my Walmart VT and my very boring PK Calder. All my fancy fish are constantly ill or lazy. :/
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #8 
Luimeril

my 'fancy fish' aren't lazy. x: none of my fish are, not even the gals i got from Chard!

the issue i have with fighters is.... well.... their name. fighters. not a good sound to it. they're beautiful, i do agree. Lulu's that black with red and blue, and i adore her. she's stunning! i just wish.... they were called something else.

but, about people being banned for selling them. they don't ban because of the name "fighter". they ban, if you're selling fish for fighting. i've seen many stunning PKs sold under "fighter", but they ban if you add words to the description that make it KNOWN you're selling fish for fighting. adding words like "sharp teeth", or telling what the fish's "fighting style" is.... those get you banned, because then it's known you're selling fish to fight, not for pets or breeding x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #9 
mjoy79

In case anyone is interested, here is an example of a PK fighter. Breeder BettaAkapes in Thailand has a few for sale on his website.
these guys look like they mean business LOL

now that I think about it - i dont think i've seen him post these on AB. He sells them well nonetheless!
Attached Images

mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #10 
elijahfeathers

In my general experience, the fancier the fish I've bought... the more prone in general it's been to overall ill health, necrotic behavior. development of tumors, ect. These fish in general for me have also, in comparisian to my more hearty fish, laid around a lot more and been less energetic.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote