Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #1 
betaguy

Just went to LOWES with my dad, and there was a pet smart down the street. after we got the supplies we were out to get, we stopped by and WOW.
this PETSMART was quite impressive. They had Dragon pks, HMs, CTs, VTs. <----- not the best part.

i was extremely impressed to see a bubble nest in every cup and the cups were all clean without a speck. Only one was at the bottum, but his pectoral fins were a going, so i assume he was just sleeping. The store around me is a joke and 9/10 of the fish are at the bottum. There was this awesome dragon i really wanted, but I only had $20 so i couldnt (i would have need to buy a heater, tank, etc.). His bubble nest covered the top and he was flairing all over the place.
My local petsmart has nodecoration for the non-betta fish on the wall. This one had a decoration, fake plant, and pebbles in all of the tanks except the goldfish. Also, it seemed like there wasnt an excessive amount of fish piled into the tank.
My local PM has 8 plastic plants to choose from, this one has about 40 variaties. It Had a variety of tanks and heaters as well. their were four rows of fish supplies, while my local one has 1.

fORGOT TO ADD:
they had the best looking fish in a 5 gallon to himself. heavily planted i asked the woman working in the fish section and she said that one is sold they acclimate the next one to the big tank.
She said it was her tank she offered to use as a example.
i think this definately hints at proper betta care to new owners.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 10-14-2011 at 02:49 PM.
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #2 
Campbell

It's really all about the staff. Sure, there are guidlines set by the headquarters, but someones gotta see they are carried out. Some employees even go well beyond those basic guidelines. Glad you found a good petsmart! Wish I could say the same for mine....
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #3 
betaguy

Ya, if i do get future bettas... coming from there.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #4 
purplemuffin

I do like the bigger tank thing. Our petsmarts have started doing that. One has a 3 gallon and another one has a 5 gallon. The fish have also been far healthier. The worst problem I ever spot is swim bladder disorder, which is better than the usual--fin rot, tail biting, sick, dying or dead! Also, they are getting insanely gorgeous fish lately.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #5 
betaguy

i thought fin rot was easy to treat??
haha ive noticed that too. the dragon i wanted soooooo bad
this was his colorhttp://www.google.com/imgres?q=dragon+beanie+baby&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1366&bi h=673&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=rThuhkcxsGU16M:&im grefurl=http://www.ioffer.com/si/baby%2Bdragon&docid=63QcvxibaPmGqM&w=400&h=400&ei= rzCTTvOJDJOBsgLLlLGFAQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=414&page =1&tbnh=115&tbnw=115&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r: 8,s:0&tx=90&ty=65

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=drago...:0&tx=90&ty=65

bottum one... idk what that first one is, i think i copy pasted before it full loaded the next page

Last edited by dramaqueen; 10-14-2011 at 02:50 PM.