Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #11 
Bambi

My female blows nest and flares at my boy, but she's a female because i bred them xD. Her fins are also longer then normal.

Can you get a flaring picture, from the front? One of m y last ditch efforts in sexing to to check for a beard when they flare.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #12 
Zappity

Looks like a female, but I can't really tell. Females do flare and build bubblenests, so it really could be either. (sorry I'm not so good at telling genders yet ^_^)
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #13 
carzz

Female :D
At least I think soo..... :)
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #14 
zackcrack00

I need help. how do i get my male to build a bubble nest? i have a female in with him, but they dont fight. thet both should be under a year old. thanks! P.S. i am new please help just got them october 15th, 2011! Thanks!!!
zackcrack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #15 
Myates

You should really start your own thread when you have questions relating to something different then the topic..

As for answering you... get them separated NOW!
Males and females should never be put together.. by the end of the week you will have a dead fish, and most likely it will be the boy. They are not meant to be together, males and females. Males don't go with other males either. They may not be fighting now, but they will fight, trust me. They are still just adjusting to their new home, reason they haven't fought.. but once they get comfortable and want to establish territory (which will be soon), they will fight, and to the death.. so please, get a second tank or divide that tank (if it's 5gals +) before you end up killing one or both.. I can't stress that enough.

As far as bubble nests, they make them on their own for different reasons whether it be territory, the weather, breeding, etc. You can't force them to make them.

If you want more answers, post this in fish care section of the forums where you will get more people to see it..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote