Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #1 
aquaman17

Urgent

My little hm i got like a month ago has been doing great, but today during the water change i got him in the net and he flicked out and onto the carpet. i scooped him up and put him back into the cup. I put him in his cup and went through with the water change. after the water heated up i put him back in. He stays at the top of the water all of the time. at a topward angle his fns look soooo thin and they are shaking. the only time he moves is to eat. he eats normal and everything. im doing 2 100% water changes a week.
will he get better?
aquaman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #2 
aquaman17

is there anything else i should do for him?
aquaman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #3 
HatsuneMiku

that's not really much to go on .. but here's some tips ..

if he's having trouble swimming and moving around .. i would lower the water line so that it's not hard for him to get to the surface for air ..

if you have prime or stress coat .. i would add some extra in with his water as they both help your betta ..

if you don't see any rips/tears/punctures or other external injuries .. then just clean warm water will be great for tonight or tomorrow ..

if you do see external injuries (that are not gill related) .. then i would suggest moving him to a qt tank and pre-mix 1teaspoon aq salt / g .. for 2-3 days to kill off any bad bacteria he could have gotten from being on the carpet and getting into his open wounds

also .. cover his tank with a towel/sheet/shirt .. something that is of breathable material .. and turn off any aq lights .. and keep him in the dark so he can recover

Last edited by HatsuneMiku; 10-09-2011 at 02:34 AM.
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote