Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #1 
betta89

betta doesent poop?

ok so ive had my betta for a week now but i havent seen him poop
the filter cant take it becaus it is a under gravel filter so it would get stuck on the gravel
i feed him 2 times a day 4 pellets in the morning and blood worms or some flakes at night
he eats it so where does it go?
betta89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #2 
Myates

It's in there.. they don't poop as often as a lot of other fish. You don't see it but once in a great while if you're lucky (well.. you're not really lucky to see it poop, but you know what I mean lol). As long as he isn't bloated, then he is fine and pooping when you're not watching. It's very small and sometimes curls up so makes it even tougher to see it.
To prevent constipation you may want to reduce some of that food... if your pellets are the mini pellets, then that is fine, but if they are medium in size then I would say 2-3 at one meal. Flakes can cause bloating so keep it at a tiny pinch, and remove any uneaten right away because it can cause the water to cloud up. Frozen blood worms then 3 at a time is fine.. freeze dried should be once a week, possibly twice, presoaked in tank water, 2-3 at a time as well. They are notorious for bloating.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #3 
betta89

its the miny pellets and i only feed him a small pinch crushed af the flakes ales i dont give freez dried and would never giv freez dried only frozen is alowed
your right i might no see it i have recently added a small cave and 2 small live plants to hide in so i might not be seing it
btw i was thinking of getting a 10 gal for him he acts like a female kinda he dosent have a temper doesent flare and i put him next to my gold fish and he just ignord them so could i put him in with som other compatable fish?
Old 10-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #4 
Leeniex

I've never seen my guys poop. I see enough pooping with the dog. :P
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #5 
Myates

In a 10 gal I would think corys, platies, the small tetras like neons would work. They have to be peaceful as well. Just don't get too many, only a few other fish for a tank that size.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #6 
betta89

nice i like your new pic
Old 10-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #7 
betta89

kk i also want to breed my male duble tail and my femaile im not shoure what she is i have a old 10 gal would that work or do i need a 20 gal cuz i have both?
Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #8 
Myates

You're going to need a lot more then that.. breeding bettas is expensive and not easy.
You will need to condition them for a few weeks, while preparing the fry food, many jars, heaters, etc..

Here is just some of what to expect/get/consider.
Considerations & supplies
And:
Conditioning and spawning
And lastly but not least:
Raising the fry

It's not an easy, nor cheap task to undertake. As well as there are a lot of things to consider such as genetics.. a lot of inbreeding and bad genes sadly come out of store bought bettas, so take that into consideration before you bring hundreds of little fry into the world, and prepare to cull them down if you have to.
I would suggest doing A LOT of research before you try to breed them.. it's not something one should do on a whim. And before you try, try to find a home for a hundred+ babies (not to mention all the jars for the males before they are able to be given out). =)
Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #9 
betta89

ok, i curently have a 40 gal if that would be better
i do know how mutch mony and time it would take but i have 600$ saved towrds it and i know a LOT of peaple who would buy them AND give them the proper CARE and ROOM they would need to thrive
im verry picky to who they will be given to the expectations are high the smallest tank allowd is a 2.5 gal and i would see that all of the expectations are met down to every feeding,plant,food,and care they would get as for the jars i work at petco so it wouldent be hard to find enough for a temporary home and fore cheap
Old 10-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #10 
betta89

btw if that sounds rude its not suposed to be im just verry pertective of my bettas
also i have put a lot of time in to reaserch