Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #21 
BettaMiah

I have done some research on them. I didn't know about tha Frogs that much, though. But the Skipper I do.

Anyways. I do that too. Sorreh. *Computer hug*
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #22 
diablo13

I apologize If I came off rude, I've had a bad evening and I'm tired.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #23 
BettaMiah

Same here. School is tomorrow....

Why a bad day?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Arguement? I don't see any arguement. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #25 
BettaMiah

Shhhhh (I didn't ither.....)
Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #26 
purplemuffin

Just make sure you get one of the larger species of poison darts. The tiniest species tend to be prone to issues! The big ones still do fine in a ten gallon. The biggest issue with them is handling(their small bodies mean they take on toxins in our skin easily) and food (getting small food)

Now, make sure you maintain humidity for them (cover most of the lid with aluminum foil, plastic, etc.) and use digital temp and humidity readers.

I'm not too sure on heat requirements of darts(I know they like semi warm temps but not hot), but if you do need to use a heat pad of some sort, make sure it's NOT on the bottom. Frogs escape heat by digging down--so if they are overheating, they can really hurt themselves by digging closer to the heat source. Put it against the side. Also make sure it is removable! Heat pads are 'sticky' and can break if you try to remove them from the glass(there are ways, but it's tough, and you dont' want to struggle if your frog is overheating). I like to attach a heat pad to a separate piece of glass or something that can be lifted away and taken from the tank if needed! :) You can also reuse the heat pad if you need it on another tank. But if you have a warm enough room, this is all unnecessary.

When you need to remove him( cleaning cage, etc.) cup him in a deli cup. Try not to use your hands, BUT soak your hands in water anyway---Treat him like a fish, soap is toxic to them too!

Honestly having a poison dart frog is a lot like having a beta. Clean the cage weekly, change out substrate monthly(or so, maybe less often depending on how dirty it gets), and then feed it the right food. You can't really 'hold' either of them, so that's not much different either. They all make fun noises too if you get a male!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #27 
diablo13

Just on the verge, DQ, nearly there. Just that everybody is yelling at me. " You need to tuck your shirt in!" " Stop eating, your Grandma needs to be the first to eat!" " Really, so much food?" this is usually hypocritcal -_- and I had to go to Catholic School. I honestly don't believe in the God these quacks preach about. Do I believe in a higher being? Yes. Do I believe he's a jerk? Totally. Am I suppose to let some book rule my thoughts because apparently were chosen? In sorry if any of you are really catholic, this is just how I think, I've always questioned things.

Edit: Fun Noises? Like Croaking?
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #28 
BettaMiah

Oh gosh I totally agree. I don't believe in what Catholics preach. I am a Christian.

Honestly Catholic churches make me sad.... all the recited singing and the creepy organs.... No offense!

Tuck your shirt in? I would have left right then and there....
Old 10-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #29 
purplemuffin

Yes croaking! My favorite part about frogs! Our pacman finally made his first noise today, he's a grown boy, yay!!

Also, a ten gallon could hold a couple firebelly toads!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #30 
BettaMiah

Firebellys! I like those.

What about 6 African Dwarf Frogs? (They croak! Well the males do.. Gosh i love them.)