Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #1 
Draug Isilme

Tiny, white things on tank walls

So I'm about halfway in cycling my 5g tank. I was watching my snail rove around the tank, and then noticed that what I thought were tiny bubbles flowing around the tank from my filter were actually very, VERY small tiny white dots moving about on the walls >.>;;; I've no idea what they are, so... has anyone on here had experience with this and what they are? I'm assuming they're not going to hurt my snail or my tank... but I'm curious about the tiny organisms because I haven't seen them up until now... and if they are gonna hurt my cycling process/snail, then it'd be great to know as well ^.^ Thanks
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #2 
Draug Isilme

Q-.- This is the third or so thread I've made in general and no replies to any of them...... It's getting frustrating and I'm just about ready to give up on this site overall 'cause seriously... I don't understand why so many people could have nothing to say to any of my thread posts- and I know I can be obnoxious when explaining situations, but I am asking to better my care for my tanks.. and not getting answers doesn't help the situation any... Sorry if I seem agitated, but like I said, it is a frustrating situation and I'm somewhat starting to think that it's because no one likes me on this site- which I hope is all in my head because I do love this site.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #3 
tsukiowns

hey sorry bout your threads.. it has happend to me a couple of times... im fairly new so i cant help you to much... from what i can tell from your description it may be baby snails... a picture may help out as well as the snail breed.... some snails can self fertalize... i think... and others can carry eggs and lay them later on down the road... best of luck woth this thread hope i helped... make sure to put a pic it would help out some...
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #4 
Draug Isilme

Thanks. At least I know I'm not the only one, so it makes me feel less likely to fall down the road of paranoia and thinking no one likes me on this site xD But yeah, I'm absolutely sure they're not baby snails. The dots are uber small and barely noticeable to the naked eye unless you're really looking for them, so pictures are out of the question..... Otherwise, my snail is an apple snail- I've done a crap load of research and they're heterosexual/can only breed with male and females. I've been having to change the water every day to keep the cycle at a decent level and I've yet to see any eggs that have been lain. Although, if anyone else can clear the matter up or confirm the snail theory, that'd be great. Even so, tsukiowns, I do really appreciate your input ^.^ Makes me feel lurbed! <3
Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #5 
tsukiowns

No Problem...^.^... yeah apple snails cant breed on their own....people here are actually very nice and helpful... hope your thread keep up and good luck.. sorry i couldnt help much
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #6 
Princess Penny

Sounds like planaria. Are you feeding anything to the snail?
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:09 AM   #7 
Draug Isilme

As of late, I've been feeding it Algae Thins and a piece of a calcium tab every other day (he never finishes it all if I keep feeding him every single day so yeah).
Old 10-12-2011, 03:17 AM   #8 
Draug Isilme

I don't think they're planaria, either... I mean, from the looks, they're not hair-like or look like wriggly worms. They're just tiny little white dots that move around... and like I've said, I've also been having to change out three gallons of water for my cycling process every single day, and my snail poops quite a bit, so I'm being pretty anal when it comes to siphoning excess waste/food...
Old 10-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #9 
Draug Isilme

I've been watching them a bit more.. From their movements, it seems like they have legs. I hope that bit of information helps a bit ^.^;