Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #11 
RoranicusPondicus

I have never had a problem with water changes. My family are Big animal lover and everyone loves Rory. My mom even got him a new bucket, she said it had Rory written all over it. Plus I have my own bathroom, so that make things easy. And I do it on Sunday mornings, dad busy watching football, mom at work, and brother play some game.
RoranicusPondicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #12 
SnowySurface

I live on my own now. But when I was home with relatives they considered my 1 gallon set-up to be over kill. So I know what it's like to be told you spend too much time and money on fish. It gets better when you move out on your own. Now a chunk of my living room is set up just for my fishes. XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #13 
ArcticRain

My mom gets so mad at me when I do water changes! She understands that I need to do water changes but she says I "take too long" and that I "do it too often". It has gotten to the point were she told me that she is thinking about getting rid of my fish! When I asked her why she said that I'm "Wasting" too much time on them. I guess she is just mad at me because I didn't buy the little half gallon tank the pet store guy suggested and that i do twice as many water changes as he said was needed. She thinks that if the pet store people say its true, then it must be.
Sorry for my rant!

Last edited by ArcticRain; 10-11-2011 at 10:32 AM.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #14 
RobotFrog

My father gets annoyed at me for water changes too, he's a big fan of the "You're going to disease us with that water!" line and also thinks even my 1 gallons are too big, when I feel bad keeping them just as QTs lol.

Luckily I'm moving by the end of the month, and my room just HAPPENS to be directly across from the bathroom. Boo-ya!!!
RobotFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #15 
Indyfishy

As long as I don't do any water changes while anybody is using the kitchen, then I don't get any flack lol. But I have to be really careful about spilling any water, or having rocks go down the sink, I've gotten an earful for that a couple times XP
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #16 
BettaMiah

Oh yeah, I get rocks everywhere. Especially when I do my 1 gallon shrimp set up so I have to clean everything. Rocks spew...

My cat helps me. Lol.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

xD When I had my first betta, my mom didn't like it... but she never told me to NOT do water changes... actually now she asks "how's your fish?" which makes me giggle... And I use the bathroom sink. Still trying to find the sink hose! THAT would be sooo much easier (and less spilling of water... heh heh) than usinga container to scoop into a bucket, to haul to my room, and put in... lol.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #18 
HatsuneMiku

i don't know why you have to use the kitchen ? .. bathroom tubs/drains .. are way more efficient .. all u need is a good 3g bucket .. siphon water .. dump water in bathtub drain .. take sand toys whatever u need to rinse .. put in bucket .. take to tub .. get in tub .. and rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse ^_^ .. put all things back in tank .. take bucket to tub run the water till it's 80 .. de-chlorinate water in bucket and pour back in tank .. at most it will only take u 3-5 trips to the bathroom (each tank .. depending on how big ur tanks are) .. if 3g bucket is too much for you to carry at one time .. u can use a small container and scoop water from the bucket into the tank till u can manage to hold the bucket to pour in the rest of the water
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #19 
Sena Hansler

Haha I have sooo many buckets >< and now I do not even have a shower. So only time someone gets upset is if they have to pee and I am using the sink with the container to the bucket xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #20 
Pataflafla

I usually wait until nobody is home, same with my sister. We'll do water changes late night/early morning when everyone else is asleep. My mom is usually the one that questions us, but just saying "Yes, we're doing water changes again." is usually enough to get her to stop. She's not one for pets despite having a cat (The one that likes to eat fish), so she doesn't really understand caring for anything extensively.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote