Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #11 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
meh
If you dont have a good comment, then please do not comment at all. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I like the tanks :) I like the dark tanned water personally. My fave tank was Twitchy's.. I would add more silk plants than spiky ones. But I love the nano's :) Maybe the smaller bowls could use some moss for the benefits that live plants offers?

Edit, the air stone in Twitchy's tank, I would get some broad leaf plants and hide the air stone behind it to break the bubbles flow. I do it to mine and it seems to bother Lakitu less. I know all fish are different :)
The air stone in Twitch's tank is actually tucked into the corner now, the only reason i even have it in there is because of the Khulis... XD He doesnt even mind it, but then he is used to it.

I tried putting more silk plants in his tank too, but it just didnt look very appealing... It may have just been the plants i was using though, ill get more soon and redo the tank, i am going to be juggling everybody around anyway so i can turn the ten gallon that is divided in half into a sorority. The eight gallon Twitch is in will get a divider, and Twitch will go into the 2.5 gallon. Then Kisses and Speckle will be the start of my first sorority! :3

on dark tannons: The one that is very dark is actually only one bag of rooibos tea, left in overnight. XD And only because those three fish have fin damage, by fighting(one of the dividers failed, ive since stuck them in place), or nipping their own fins. ^^;

Also, yes, i am going to get some moss soon... My LFS offers a baseball sized wad of packed java moss for $5, i just wasnt sure if it was a good deal. XD
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #12 
Luimeril

i think you have too many plants in some of them. it don't look like the fish have much room to swim. but, many of them look REALLY nice. :3c i'd be scared of the fish jumping from those bowls, though. o.0
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #13 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
i think you have too many plants in some of them. it don't look like the fish have much room to swim. but, many of them look REALLY nice. :3c i'd be scared of the fish jumping from those bowls, though. o.0

Are you talking about the ten gallon divided in half? Cause i see what you mean, but those plants on the right side are actually mostly up near the glass, making it look super full... But there is a huge gap behind them that he hides in. ^^;

And you know, i have never had a fish jump out of the bowls... But i have been thinking about making some sort of lid for them... TO THE CRAFT STORE!!

Oh wait... No car... Dang.

lmao!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #14 
MistersMom

ehhh....uhhhhmmmm....ehhhhh.... its so...... ehhhh......uhmmm.....
uhmmmm....its sooooo.....just..... uhhmmmmm....ehhhh...ughm.... uhhh...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE"EM ALL!!!!!!!!!! so great!!!!!!! i wish i could have that many bettas, but, i'd get tired of water changes, and i'd forget the names and all that lol...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #15 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
Are you talking about the ten gallon divided in half? Cause i see what you mean, but those plants on the right side are actually mostly up near the glass, making it look super full... But there is a huge gap behind them that he hides in. ^^;

And you know, i have never had a fish jump out of the bowls... But i have been thinking about making some sort of lid for them... TO THE CRAFT STORE!!

Oh wait... No car... Dang.

lmao!
that one, yeah, and i think there was another that looked really full. ever since Dante got hurt and hid in plants, i've stopped packing plants in my tanks. they have enough to hide in, but not so many that they can hide from me easily. .3.

i use the mesh that oranges and freeze-pops come in on bowls. that, and a rubber band. they can breath, i can feed them, they can't get out, cat can't get in(not that he'd want to!).
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #16 
tsoto80

You said to be honest.... *shrugs*
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #17 
Gizmothefreaky

Oh!! That is a good idea! I wonder if i have any of that laying around... lol!

Also, yeah... I have been thinking about trimming that plant back... Which was the other one that looked full to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
You said to be honest.... *shrugs*

Okay, then tell me why you think that?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 10-12-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #18 
MistersMom

mine have never jumped either.... hm?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #19 
Gizmothefreaky

It is a valid concern though. lol! I wouldnt want them to even get the idea of jumping. XD
Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #20 
MistersMom

me either, did you see my comment? it was a joke! i love ur tanks!