Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #21 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
ehhh....uhhhhmmmm....ehhhhh.... its so...... ehhhh......uhmmm.....
uhmmmm....its sooooo.....just..... uhhmmmmm....ehhhh...ughm.... uhhh...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE"EM ALL!!!!!!!!!! so great!!!!!!! i wish i could have that many bettas, but, i'd get tired of water changes, and i'd forget the names and all that lol...

LOL! I just saw this... You are silly.

And i admit, i forget their names... Well Tybalts in particular, i keep trying to call him Judas. XD ^^;

Water changes arent really that bad... I use a five gallon bucket, so it only takes two or three trips for each tank.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #22 
Luimeril

*looks* huh. in each of your divided tanks, there's at least one plant that looks full. x:

yup. when i got my first betta, Zach, i had a cat that would try to get him. so, i used the orange bag to keep him from getting Zachy. of course, then he got smart, and knocked the bowl off my dresser. >.>; ended up having to buy a new bowl. thankfully, he knocked that one down, and it was thicker, so it didn't shatter. x-x poor Zach!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #23 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
LOL! I just saw this... You are silly.

And i admit, i forget their names... Well Tybalts in particular, i keep trying to call him Judas. XD ^^;

Water changes arent really that bad... I use a five gallon bucket, so it only takes two or three trips for each tank.

i saw that other persons post and thought about this lol.. "meh" wow. hahahahahaaaaa. yeah i love your tanks. and you should just go ahead and name him judas then lol.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #24 
Sweeda88

I have 9 Bettas and I have no problem remembering their names. And if you do, write a sticky note and place it on their tank/bowl so your remember. =D
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #25 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
*looks* huh. in each of your divided tanks, there's at least one plant that looks full. x:

yup. when i got my first betta, Zach, i had a cat that would try to get him. so, i used the orange bag to keep him from getting Zachy. of course, then he got smart, and knocked the bowl off my dresser. >.>; ended up having to buy a new bowl. thankfully, he knocked that one down, and it was thicker, so it didn't shatter. x-x poor Zach!
Eep! That is not good! o.o But at least the fish is alright... right? o.o

And i think it must be the angle because the plants in the three way divided tanks areant that big at all... The ivy looking ones in the middle of both are curved down the back and up the front a little, that would mahe them look huge i think. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
i saw that other persons post and thought about this lol.. "meh" wow. hahahahahaaaaa. yeah i love your tanks. and you should just go ahead and name him judas then lol.
LOL! I would, except i already had a betta named Judas, and i rehomed him. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I have 9 Bettas and I have no problem remembering their names. And if you do, write a sticky note and place it on their tank/bowl so your remember. =D
lol, yeah... I usually write their name on the tank (like with Twitch up there) But i ran out of puff paint. :(
Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #26 
BettaMiah

I think they are really nice but I think you should make it a little more fun, ya know? Like maybe add some different types of plants and get backrounds? Caves? Most of them looked like they just had one giant plant in it and I think you should just make it more fun. It might also give them more swimming room.

Other than that nice tanks! :D
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #27 
tsoto80

As others said you have too many plants. It seems like you just threw bunch of plants in and called it a day. lol Take some out and put more imagination into it. You are giving them a great home let them enjoy it by having some swimming room.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #28 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
I think they are really nice but I think you should make it a little more fun, ya know? Like maybe add some different types of plants and get backrounds? Caves? Most of them looked like they just had one giant plant in it and I think you should just make it more fun. It might also give them more swimming room.

Other than that nice tanks! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
As others said you have too many plants. It seems like you just threw bunch of plants in and called it a day. lol Take some out and put more imagination into it. You are giving them a great home let them enjoy it by having some swimming room.

This is really only temporary to be honest. They will get changed around and rearranged, replanted and whatnot when i get substrate. Right now they are bare bottom, and there isnt much i can do. ^^; I will be getting some more sand this weekend though, so ill update with the new photos when that happens. hee hee.

Also, some of the sections LOOK like they have more plants than they really do because the plants are right up against the glass, but believe me, they have more than enough swimming room, honest. I wouldnt lie to you guys. :)
Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #29 
LittleBettaFish

Your bettas all look healthy, and while I'm not a fan of keeping bettas in jars, as long as you're doing appropriate water changes it's not too bad. I would recommend a lid on any tank/bowl/tub containing short-finned bettas. I've lost quite a few from jumping, especially at night when I think they get startled by our cats.

Hardly any of my bettas do that much swimming. While some room to swim is important for bettas they're not exactly a very active fish. When mine aren't flaring or off investigating, they mostly sit somewhere waiting for me to come by and drop in some pellets.

I think the amount of plants you have in there is fine. My sororities are more heavily planted than that and they have no problems swimming around when they want to.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #30 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Your bettas all look healthy, and while I'm not a fan of keeping bettas in jars, as long as you're doing appropriate water changes it's not too bad. I would recommend a lid on any tank/bowl/tub containing short-finned bettas. I've lost quite a few from jumping, especially at night when I think they get startled by our cats.
Lol, yeah, i know what you mean... I dont like her in the jar either, but i am turning one of the ten gallons into a sorority soon, so she wont be in there long. Also, i dont have a cat, or any reason for them to spook at night, nor have i ever personally had a jumper. XD I do plan on making some sort of covers for them though... eventually. XD

Hardly any of my bettas do that much swimming. While some room to swim is important for bettas they're not exactly a very active fish. When mine aren't flaring or off investigating, they mostly sit somewhere waiting for me to come by and drop in some pellets.
A few of mine are fairly active little guys, but mostly they are the same as yours. XD They sit and wait to be fed, go off to chase a shrimp, or a snail, come back and sit and wait, flare at their neighbor, do a war dance, wait for food. XD

I think the amount of plants you have in there is fine. My sororities are more heavily planted than that and they have no problems swimming around when they want to.
That is exactly what i think, and besides they look fuller than they are. lol. When i get them properly aquascaped and such it will be better. ^-^
i responded in green. X3