Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #1 
Bloeduwedd

Ridiculous -.-

One of my local stores sells some bettas in "setups", mostly vases that are a gallon or less, have only one plant, and no heater. I almost asked to borrow $20 to buy one of these setups, because it is so unimaginably cruel that I don't want them using it anymore. It's probably about a CUP of water, with a relatively large plant in the middle, so the fish maybe has half a cup of water to swim in. I went in today to get my water tested, and was absolutely appalled to see that some idiot employee had put a giant in this tiny thing! I'm praying I have the money to buy the entire thing, along with a proper home, with my next check... might divide the 10 gallon I'm planning to get in three instead of half so I can help this poor guy :( Even three gallons has to be better than half a cup!
Bloeduwedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #2 
youlovegnats

You realize that if you buy the set-up you're only supporting their cause right? They'll get new set-ups like that because people buy them. If no one buys them, then they stop ordering them/ making them.
It's all about supply and demand.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #3 
Bloeduwedd

If I just buy the fish, they'll put another one in it. If I do buy it, I'll demand the number to the owner, and call him personally to complain. I've already left several complaints on employee knowledge and their treatment of the bettas, and a little has changed, but nowhere enough.
Bloeduwedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #4 
Wolfboy51

What has changed there?
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 
Laki

Sadly, instead of buying him ask for the employee to circulate them out. the small pet store here has been keeping betta in small bowls and decorative vases with bamboo. There is a lady who works there that breeds betta (not for sale in the store) and I think she had a role in upping the small bowls and taking on the feeding and cleaning of them. There are 3 dalmatian betta's there! Have been there for a while. I need to move for November than hopefully convince the bf that we need one!! lol

Sorry, off topic. I would talk tot he employees rather than buy up their stock.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #6 
Wolfboy51

At least someone does do something to help now though.
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:26 AM   #7 
ilovebunnies

You could pull a Carrie Nation... j/k don't do that.

If you don't get my joke she was a woman from the pre-prohibition era. She went into bars with an ax and smashed all the alcohol. :)
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote