Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

Oh I know!!! I got my lady Madame, then I got 4 sisters... the sisters get along. And Madame has killed a balloon molly, my apple snail (he was NOT small!) and tore Rose's fins... -sighs- what a meanie! I think I may divide my tank too xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #22 
Okami

This tank idea sounds interesting please share your results! I would make a huge bio tope with rosebaras, goramis, loaches and a betta. Give that much space goramis and the betta shouldnt have problems together......but I could be wrong.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #23 
emeraldsky

@Sena Hansler

oooo You own Madame!

I've followed a few of your threads on your sorority, so I know what a bully she's been X3

Dividing sounds like a good idea to me, she sounds like shes meant to be a solitary fish lol
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #24 
emeraldsky

@Okami

I most certainly will!
I definitely want to put everything I do on here, so if i screw up, you guys can point me in the right direction ;)

From what I understand, Gouramis and Bettas wont ever really be good together. But I am pretty new to this and could easily be wrong ^^

I want to get some Khulis for my tank, I ADORE them XD
Old 10-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #25 
Sena Hansler

Haha yeah gouramis are meanies and sometimes bettas are too :p I saw in the pet store gouramis with a betta... he suffered :( another with rosy barbs... he suffered :( I've had mine with guppies, balloon mollies (regular mollies are more ill-tempered), danios, tetras.... But depends on your betta too :)
And khulis are good!!! :) just get a group though... that's what I was told lol
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #26 
Bambi

Haha i was going to say what you already plan to be doing. divide in half and make half a sorority of nice girls then divide the other half into 3-4 slots for new boys.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #27 
emeraldsky

@Sena Hansler

True, my gouramis were evil little things, all my bettas have been total sweethearts though so im probably a bit biased XD

Yep ^^
I plan on getting 5 or 6 of the khulis and im switching to sand substrate so they can burrow :D

Im not sure about getting anything else to go with the girls, I think ill keep them as is at first and see what there temperaments are first. If i think they are docile enough ill add some other things, depending on how many i get and all that.
I wont look forward to redecorating the whole tank again to do so though LOL

@Bambi

LOL
I originally made the thread to see if it was possible to do and then think about doing it. Guess the forum helped me in deciding as well :P

I think ill probably do 3 slots for boys, and put Gaston (my only betta right now) by the girls. He's a bit of a lump so I think being near some other fish will be good for him X)

Or I'll keep him spoiled in his own tank, who knows
He's mah little manly feeshie =3=
Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #28 
Okami

Yeah when it comes to bettas and goramis I get lots of mixed opinions. Ide love to make a nice big souteast Asian blackwater biotope though
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #29 
emeraldsky

@Okami

That does sounds like it would be awesome, I'm making myself stick to bettas though, I dont have the time or money to invest in other species and more tanks XD
Old 10-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #30 
Campbell

Good luck! I can't wait to see how it goes.
If i had a 40 gallon, I would upgrade my hermit crab tank. Its a 29 gallon currently.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40 gallon tank, stocking