LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #33 
bettalover2033

@LyzzaRyzz: That is for you to tell me!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #34 
bettalover2033

Chapter 4

Sorry I have been out of this thread so long! I hope you all enjoy!

also I just wanted to make this one perfect to make up for the last chapter. You'll like this one (i think)

(Chapter 4)
The Story Behind “The Great Marki”
The bright yellow ball slowly rose up the next morning and just peeked at me shining its brightness. I looked over at Angels tank and seen her sleeping so beautifully on her leaf. “Hey…hey, HEY Angel! I finally said in a frustrated tone. “Ugh, Marki don’t you ever sleep longer than sunrise?” She asked irritable. “Sorry Angel, I just wanted to ask you, do you know where My Jessie went?” “HOW in the world am I supposed to know where she went? I was sleeping way longer than you before you woke me up!” “Oh…yeah I’m sorry. Would you mind me asking what your thoughts on the breeding tank beside me are?” I asked curiously. “Um, well I think it’s a great tank for a nice couple to…you know…breed in.” “That’s not what I meant. I was asking more on what you think about us being in that tank together?” “Oh look at that, do I hear your Jessie coming through the door? Jessie came in and fed us like she usually did. It was pretty good and I felt kind of full from it, though of course I was going continue eating the food because it was too good to stop!
It had been about a week and a half since Angel and I have been eating so much and ‘getting fat’. Angel and I have been getting along so well. Oh and I found out what the word is. It’s LOVE! Love is the crazy emotion that I have for Angel, and love is the feeling that can hurt and feel amazing at the same time! Love is torturous and…well you get the point. I want to know how she feels about me and I want her to be straight forward and truthful when she does!
I used to think that angel was just scared to get into the breeding tank with me, but now i’m just so confused of the idea. I heard my Jessie calling Simone's name in another room. Her callings had gotten louder and louder as she walked to her room. I notice that this time when walking through the door, she had a HUGE grin on her face and progressively added plants into the breeding tank every day. A small amount each time. Today the tank was full of plants and it looked so comfortable to just lye on the plants to rest a few minutes.

My Jessie then came to the tank and said “Conditioning Phase Complete” in such a weird voice. Whatever that meant anyway!. So then she grabbed the bright red net and put it into my tanks and tried to catch me with it. I was NOT going to be so easy and just jump right into the net for her because I love this tank too much to be taken out let alone not being able to breathe! “Oh Marki, why must you be so difficult?!” She asked almost laughing. “Jessie Please! Leave me alone I’m trying to build another nest and your disturbing me! If I don’t get this done soon Angel will-” *Angel comes out of hiding to peek at Marki.* “Angel will what?” She asked curiously. Jessie finally gave up and quit for a few minutes because I was turning a pale red color. I swam as fast as I possibly could to escape the net!

Twenty minutes pass and I thought I’d poke my head out of the cave. “Is she there?” “It’s okay Marki, you can come out now. She’s gone and a bit frustrated with you. Why did you fight so much?” Uh, maybe because I don't know where she was TAKING ME!?!” I said sarcastically. “You know that she is only wants the best for us and actually cares! She wouldn’t hurt you. And watch that tone! It’s really not a way to talk to me!” She replied sternly. “I’m sorry, I just didn’t think I would see the light of day again if I went into that net. I’ve been in a net before and it was terrifying.

I was caught in a net once before and put in a bag. I didn’t see the light of day for three days. It was when I was taken from my original home back in Thailand. I had an owner that would feed me the best food there. It was live and the best that I could possibly ask for. I thought it was paradise and then one day, my owner didn’t feed me for two whole days straight. I didn’t know whether he didn’t like me or if I just did something wrong. On the second day, he put me into the net and in a bag, then next thing I know I’m being thrown around and can’t see a thing for the most of three days. The last thing I remembered him saying was ‘Go to your new home now.’ I thought for a second to see if I could piece together what he meant. I finally found out that he said that to every fish that no other fish saw again. I was terrified and always so alert and watched my surroundings very closely those two days of no feeding. I began to become weak and so tired. I fell asleep for just a moment and BAM I was taken to the bag and I remember trying to relax and breathe, but the air was suffocating me. As I was placed into the bag, I looked around and up at my owner one last time before he closed the doors and after that, I thought there was no hope for me and soon was mistreated so horribly. I was put in what was to be called a store. All around me were tons of other bettas that all flared at me with such a horrid attitude. I was so scared and felt too lethargic to do anything. I noticed that when they flared at me they would soon go away with other giants and every week a new batch would come in and do the same as the last, flare at others and me as well. I knew I had to figure out a way to get noticed and get out of that store. The water burned and my fins were decaying. Little by little they would fall and the giants in the story wouldn’t even clean it. I felt so helpless, but I had to try one way or another. It was a chance that I needed to take or I was going to end up dead in the filth of a tank. So I did what I had to. I flared to the end of the world. Only when the giants would come in and look at us though. I didn’t want to loose my energy and die alone there. As soon as I heard the bell to the door, I flared til the end of the world. My Jessie came in and she took a really good look at all of the others that were flaring and I swam in a vertical pattern trying as hard as I possibly could. She went down the rows looking at the other bettas and when she came to me, I looked at he and she said ‘Wow! Your coming with me little buddy.’ I acted like such a snob before I knew you. I thought these giants were all the same cruel beasts. That is....before I met my amazing Jessie! she gave me hope and love. The two things that I longed for more than food, more than water, more than the air that I breathe. She is the reason I have changed my perspective on the giants of the world. I now know that not all giants are cruel and evil.” I noticed that if Angel was still listening to my pathetic story, she had to care because it was very long. She just sat there with a sympathetic and understanding expression on her face. I thought that no one could ever understand what I went through, but from the look of it, she really cared and at least tried to understand what I went through and why I was that way. I explained to her that, that was the only reason why I acted sexist when I saw that she flared back at me.

“Okay so Angel, I’ve poured out all of what has happened to me, why and how I came to be like this. What if your story?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hope you enjoyed that1
Old 12-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #35 
kfryman

One word AMAZING!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #36 
annamonkeyfish

That was really good! :) Write soon!
annamonkeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #37 
kfryman

I think that super long wait was worth it, I think having a good chapter is better than having a terrible chapter to stall.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #38 
LyzzaRyzz

Great!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #39 
teasell

Awesome! But I want more.

This story is amazing I sure hope you can keep it up. I love Marki and the way you have explained how his life has progressed
teasell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #40 
bettalover2033

Thank you all!

I have been prolonging it because I didn't want another chapter like #3. Also I was having a hard time coming up with things to think of (Writers block).

Though I think this one was really good.

@teasell: Thanks, I liked how that fit in as well.

Also in a couple pages back, I explained that Marki had a secret and it would be expressed soon. Tell others of this story so they can read it for themselves! If you want.

Anyway I'll get started on Chapter 5 now and continuously be writing to make sure that one is good as well. I hope to make this a book somehow. I honestly don't know when the next Chapter is going to be, Either during the christmas season or after. I hope that's okay. I know you guys are thinking
*Clenching Teeth* "Thats perfectly fine O_O..."

Edit:
Also a bit of a typo The last sentence, " What if your story" Is supposed to be "What IS your story"