Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #11 
erinandares

All bettas I ever have in the future will be obtained HONESTLY. :3 I promise.

I like the piece of art idea. I thought about other names, but naming him for the situation seems more memorable. And I love art. Off to look into that, I guess. :3
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #12 
Trobar

Go back to that store, explain to the department manager what you did and why. then offer to pay for the fish. I'm sure they will let you pay for it. Then go home and name your new fish Conscience
Trobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #13 
Gizmothefreaky

>.> I havent STOLEN a betta before... But i have used their lack of knowledge against them and convinced a pet store employee that something was seriously wrong with said betta (if it was lethargic or a little floaty, fin rot, what have you) and been able to adopt it... Still got it for free, and it was in near perfect health days later. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trobar View Post
Go back to that store, explain to the department manager what you did and why. then offer to pay for the fish. I'm sure they will let you pay for it. Then go home and name your new fish Conscience

Also, working at Walmart, i know that they have a zero tolerance policy on theft... Going back will likely get you in huge trouble. and honestly, what will you do if they insist that you bring the poor fish back?

Last edited by Gizmothefreaky; 10-12-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:26 AM   #14 
Thunderloon

walmart's total investiture in that betta is about 30 cents and they're not gonna jump up and down on you, that'd bring them into the face of state laws about animal cruelty
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #15 
erinandares

Hmm. Well, I would have to return it, since I couldn't deal with theft on my record. I don't even have one, I would hate for that to drag up an enormous thing. I still feel moderatley allright with just putting it in the past. There is never anyone in the department. I have heard of people doing that before, but no one was anywhere around.

Blehhh, curse my slowness with quick response. :/ I felt the same way as Thunderloon. In their eyes, it was just a fish, and they could replace it just like that and go on being terrible to their new ones.

Last edited by erinandares; 10-12-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: i keep missing stuff
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #16 
Gizmothefreaky

My walmart doesnt even carry live fish, so i have no idea. lol. but the whole point is, they will not be pleased. They may not press charges, but you may or may not get banned from the store, they will for sure contact your parents if you are under 18... I say just let it be. They know the fish was stolen because of the empty cup, and they have already written it off and moved on. *shrug*
Old 10-12-2011, 01:46 AM   #17 
Indyfishy

It probably wasn't the best decision ever, but you feel bad about it and you will never do it again, which is the important thing. You could always leave a tip or a donation (they have those little boxes there, right?) as a way to sort of repay the money that they lost from the fish. As for the fish, I'm sure he doesn't care whether he was legitamitely purchased or not, he's just happy to be the heck out of there lol!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #18 
Gizmothefreaky

Any money donated to walmart actually goes to charity. :3 At least that is what my store does.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #19 
Trobar

My store donates to children's miracle network. I too work at walmart and even though they have a 'zero' tolerance to theft, I believe that the managers wouldn't pursue this because they also have a high regard to honesty. Besides, the cost of the fish is not necessarily worth their while to go after. 46" Plasma tv on the other hand....
Trobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:04 AM   #20 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trobar View Post
My store donates to children's miracle network. I too work at walmart and even though they have a 'zero' tolerance to theft, I believe that the managers wouldn't pursue this because they also have a high regard to honesty. Besides, the cost of the fish is not necessarily worth their while to go after. 46" Plasma tv on the other hand....

Lol, yeah... I work at a tiny walmart though (compared to others) and the managers are really strict... Maybe its just my walmart that is like that. I dunno.

Still OP, i wouldnt bother doing anything about it but caring for the fish. :)

Tags
bad thing, good thing, panicking, stolen betta