Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2011, 02:38 AM   #21 
ScarlettAngel

I would imagine not one of us here hasn't done something daft in the past that we regret, but learn from it,. I may get told off for this but a little of me admires your bravery but I would never recommend what you did. I do think the donation act would make you feel better though. Have you ever asked in the store if they have any part time or Saturday jobs going then you could really help these fish or maybe even just volunteering a few minutes to help them. At least that way you know you've tried.
Posted via Mobile Device
ScarlettAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #22 
Hmongol

It was all in good name. I dont blame you, you did what human being seem to have lost sometimes long ago and thats compassion.
Hmongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #23 
erinandares

Well, thanks for the admission, Scarlett, and thanks for the kind words, Hmongol. I've thought about aplying for a job there, but I'm not sure how they decide where you go when you get the job. And I know this could happen at any job, but there are some rude people in my WalMart and I don't want to be verbally abused by hicks. Lol. About the donation idea, I don't *mind* if my donation goes to a charity, but then again... I didn't take the fish from a charity. But it might still be a way to find some sort of... closure?

Here's a pic of him.

Last edited by erinandares; 10-12-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: adding a picture
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #24 
Larsa

sometimes if you just tell them that they are gonna die and its unfair to pay full price for a sick fish, they let you have one for free. Petsmart, walmart, sometimes Petco-but they usually discount :/ I personally wouldnt steal a fish, but I have stolen a aqyarium medication from Petco :( I didnt get caught but the guilt built up pretty bad to where I havnt done it since- andI wont. At least on the positive side you helped save a life! :P
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #25 
Miyazawa

okay im sure they have camera everywhere in walmart so next time don't do stuff like that because i don't want you to get into big trouble. But on the other hand.....if they wanna go after you im pretty sure they will be at your door step because they can just watch the security tape...
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #26 
erinandares

Yes, yes, the cameras and evrything.... I don't know, I think if they cared about their fish they would have already sent the cops or something. They didn't follow me to the door or stop me at the parking lot or anythig like that. I would imagine someone monitored the tapes in a live feed or something? So they're proactiv against stealing or whatever? I don't think they would pursue a 'dumb kid' taking a fish. I think they would have assumed I was just being stupid. And the fish was already dead. Or something like that.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #27 
Okami

As said before go to a manager and explain what you did and offer to pay for the betta. Also explain to the manager that the fish are in deplorable condition and while you made the wrong choice you did it to save a life. You then are saving face and the betta. Poor guy.... If i saw him like that I may have just bought him myself even though i have no ware to put another fish.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #28 
Miyazawa

well i don't think you should go back since it will be an "ethical" thing to do but totally stupid. People only saying it because they are not in that situation. Well, if you are going back to walmart and explain why don't you just go to the police station and tell them that you stole a few fish from walmart. Ya....it's not even such a big deal, you acted on your impulse and your guilt is already a good enough punishment. People need to stop making this like a super big deal. Im sure that everyone did something impulsive when they were teenagers.
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #29 
sorrelhorse1

I would name him "Rob", and forget the situation. ;) I not advocating theft or anything like that. But there is no point in beating a dead horse.
sorrelhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #30 
Okami

Well if your conscince is still bothering you then take up our suggestions :) other wise take care of him give him a name and keep him happy because you saved his little life :)
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad thing, good thing, panicking, stolen betta