Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #51 
ilovebunnies

Walmart doesn't do anything for petty crimes. Not that I am advocating stealing from them or anyone. They are more concerned about dvd players and televisions than a pack of gum or a fish. The reason why they sell fish in the first place is so you will buy the accessories. The fish tank, heater, food, and decorations make Walmart more money than the livestock. That's why they don't care that these fish are left on a shelf to simmer in their own feces. The profit they make off of selling livestock is nothing compared to the money they make from selling all the necessities needed to take care of that animal.

You want to send Walmart a message, don't buy from them. At the very least don't rescue a fish from them and then turn around and buy everything you need for that animal at a store that refuses to give animals adequate care.

This isn't specificly directed at you erinandares. I am happy that you saved the poor little guy. This is more of a heads up for anyone that gives their money to any business that doesn't care of the animals they sell. Those kinds of places don't care about the animals, they only care about the money they make off the merchandise they sell for "impulse buys" or rescues.

And if you ever happen to go to a Walmart that does take care of the fish they sell, then write them the nicest letter. Reward those employees that do the right thing with kind words. :)
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #52 
erinandares

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebunnies View Post
The reason why they sell fish in the first place is so you will buy the accessories. The fish tank, heater, food, and decorations make Walmart more money than the livestock. That's why they don't care that these fish are left on a shelf to simmer in their own feces. The profit they make off of selling livestock is nothing compared to the money they make from selling all the necessities needed to take care of that animal.

You want to send Walmart a message, don't buy from them. At the very least don't rescue a fish from them and then turn around and buy everything you need for that animal at a store that refuses to give animals adequate care.
I've never thought about it like that. Very good point, it makes a lot of sense. Now i'm even more glad I found that guy online with the 20gal instead of buying the new ten and all its accessories from... ._. WalMart.

Oh, ad I named the fish Hermes, because in addition to being the god of messengers and stuff, he was also the god of petty thieves. Lol.

Last edited by erinandares; 10-13-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: forgot. :3
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #53 
Thesharpestlives

wow..seeing All these posts about delporable conditions for fish at walmart makes me feel VERY lucky that my local walmart takes very VERY good care of there fish section o.o and i appreciate that theres other human beings out there who care about fish as i do! :D to me..a fish isnt just a fish..its a life, and an amazing pet :3
Thesharpestlives is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad thing, good thing, panicking, stolen betta