Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #12 
Laki

:P That's awesome!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #13 
Wolfboy51

Ty for the info. Where can i get the indian almond leaves from? I live in australia.
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

If you can order online, this store is great:

http://www.indianalmondleaves.com.au

Be careful buying Indian Almond Leaves from overseas sellers (this includes ebay). There have been some problems with leaves being held by customs and needing to be irradiated before being released to you. I believe this is also at a cost to you.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #15 
Banicks

I know the brand LBF has recommend as they are stocked at my PFS, rather expensive though. (No offence to LFB - his advice always assists me and I greatly respect you mate)

Other members on this site, as well as myself have had great success with a eBay seller of IAL. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=82712

Amy Ketapang: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Amys-Ketap...i.html?_fsub=2

What LBF said is partially true, if they intercept and find an issue with your IAL's from Amy, they will notify you, but don't get them to treat the leaves as this basically turns them useless - no charge involved here either. Tell them to destroy them instead. Then notify Amy, and she offers to resend a new batch at no charge.

I didn't have an issue with them comming to me through customs. They were opened, inspected and passed. For a pack of 100 A+ grade for under $20 inc P&H. It's cheaper than the 25 for $25 of that other brand.

I strongly recommend Amy, she is the most helpful, polite and professional eBayer I've come across. The choice is ultimately yours though :)

Last edited by Banicks; 10-12-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #16 
Laki

Do they always get stopped at customs? Bc if they're stopped and you tell Amy and she sends more, what's that as a cost to her? She loses on the first batch and the second one may or may not get through??
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #17 
Banicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Do they always get stopped at customs? Bc if they're stopped and you tell Amy and she sends more, what's that as a cost to her? She loses on the first batch and the second one may or may not get through??
Yes, the x-rays pic them up as organic. So they are required to check them, so to ensuring it's not cannibis, other illegal organics and any possible eggs or bugs.

Amy understands Australian customs and requirements. She places the leaves in a ziplock bag, sealed, labels clearly with scientific name and common name, seals package and sends.

Scenario #1:
Package is intercepted by customs and opened for mandatory check. No issues found, customs place paperwork issuing pass and re-seal. Send them to you.

Scenario #2:
Package is intercepted by customs and opened for mandatory check. Issue found. Customs contact you directly informing you of package and issue, offer to treat with their irradiation method at cost to you. You will decline, instruct them to destroy the package. Your dealings with customs end.

You contact Amy and inform her that the package was intercepted and destroyed by customs. She will, out of her own pocket, send you a new batch in the same method. No cost to you.

She outlines this when you purchase from her, as well as detailed information on IAL use. Hence why I so strongly recommended her. Daily replies to emails, excellent communication and easy to understand :)
Old 10-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #18 
LittleBettaFish

You're the second person to assume I'm a male online Banicks. I must try to sound less manly when I post haha.

Anyways, Indian Almond Leaves are supposed to be an allowable import. However, there was some issue with them being misidentified as citrus. There was also some concern over the natural colouration of the leaves being caused by some form of bug or fungus.

I am far too lazy to go through ebay or bother with overseas shipping. So I purchased 100 leaves from the company I listed, and then basically received another 100 free because my order didn't get processed the week I ordered it. I hadn't expected it to be sent that week anyway as I placed my order on like a Wednesday.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #19 
Banicks

My apologies LBF. For some reason I get a male tone from a few members on these forums who are ladies!

It wouldn't surprise me for the leaves to be mistaken for something else. I believe this is why Amy clearly labels her leaves on packaging as per customs request.

That was a good deal LBF, if you don't mind, how much did you end up paying for the 100?
Old 10-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #20 
LittleBettaFish

$26.00 which included postage. It was arrived pretty quickly too. Only took one or two days in the post.

I got the smaller leaves, which are perfectly scaled for my 5-10 gallon tanks. They were ironed flat and there was only had one or two holes.

Ebay and paypal scare me slightly so I prefer spending a few extra dollars so I don't have to use them.