Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Not sure about it so safer to ask...

1. I got a new betta, because of how badly beaten up he was... I got him home, and saw these weird.... "egg" like things in the bottom. The girl scooped the water from the center/top. I am not sure what it is? Sorry for the bad picture! >< I've never seen something like that before! I just want to make sure it isn't going to be a parasite.. or if it is, WHAT it is and how to make sure to get rid of them. I tried my best to scoop him out without those, but he panicked and spread them around so chances are they are in the container he is in. Right now he is floated in a .5 gallon in a tank, temperature at 78.

2.One side of his face is damaged... there's "white tissue" like stuff from the damaged gill, near the top. He only half flares :/ I don't even know if that's fixable! I doubt it.

I'm just doing 100% water changes for the little guy to keep away fin rot... I have a picture of him, just not the side of his face...
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #2 
Miyazawa

it looks like sand to me but im not sure
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

There was no sand :P his tank was all (algae covered) gravel, one fake plant in the corner, not a single snail... ><
Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #4 
Pataflafla

It might be poop. I had a girl that pooped like that whenever she was stressed (Read: in a cup for water changes). Even if it doesn't look like regular poop color, it still could be since you don't know when the last time he was fed and actually ate.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

true. It just looks weird lol I never had a betta (ir a fish) do that >< I did give him a little food today, he wouldn't take it until he couldn't see me. But he ate and there's poop in the bottom of the container - that looks like normal poop. I just wanted to make sure :p
Old 10-13-2011, 03:36 AM   #6 
Larsa

sick bettas can poop really weird sometimes! 0.o Bettas fed only flakes or wheat based pellets can poop like that too and even get soggy and broken-up like diarrhea. Do your best to take care of him, :( He looks so sad... kudos for rescuing him!!! He looks just like my boy, Ryu! =3
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Trust me lol he'll get good care... the knuckle-head though found out a still moving body of a mealworm was fun to attack (cut off head...yuck!! and I don't let them have the shell!) but then he spits it out. Pellets? he attacks them. and let's them sink o_O flakes? ignores them. freeze-dried bloodworms? ignores them. gaaah lol.