Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2011, 03:03 AM   #1 
GreenTea

Question Let's try this again...

New breeding pairs guys. Please weigh in!

Male 1 - I love the orange specks on his fins, the variance in color in his dragon scaling, and what big fins and body he has. I want to pair him with my orange dalmatian girl, she's got small fins but great dots and scales, I feel like he could help even them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMGZ6fiT1wE

Male 2 - I love marbles, his blue color, and his fin definition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-w3H...eature=related

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Female 1 - Orange dalmatian

Female 2 - Super blue dragon

Female 3 - Bright orange dragon

Female 4 -

GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #2 
Larsa

is that a mustard gas betta i see!? Why arnt you posting a pic of him on my mustard gas picture thread? :P

Good luck on breeding them!!! Its not your first time, is it?? First time for me didnt work out so well, but I have bred before and if you have any questions please ask!! I dont breed anymore though, I work too much now. =D I love dragons breeding, its so beautiful!!! Your orange and white betta is cute!!! You have a lovely collection of plakats, they are prolly my fav =d

Last edited by Larsa; 10-13-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #3 
GreenTea

Aw thank you Larsa. I obsessively picked over the females for at least two months. It WILL be my first time! I've been doing lots of reading and question asking, but I've never bred so I hope it goes well..

And I don't know! He's black with slightly marbled dragon scale and orange spotted fins. Does that count as mg?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #4 
youlovegnats

Oooohhhh!

I'd do the 1st male with the 2nd female, and the 2nd male with the 4th girl. :)
I LOVE marbles! xD
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #5 
purplemuffin

^I like that too! But I also sort of want to see 1 with 3 for some reason. I like that bright bright orange :D
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Male #1 is not MG. He's just a multi blue drgn.

If your're looking for form I wouldn't breed male #2, females #1 and 3 because they look as if they have only 2 rays. So I'd go with male #1 with female #2 because she has better body form compared to #4. You should still get a lot of multi colored fry.

But if you want colors..... it's up to you.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #7 
Bettas Rule
Banned

I wish I had a knowledge base to comment but I don't. What I can say is, those fish are absolutely gorgeous and seems that no matter what you should come out with more gorgeous fish Best of luck to you either way, I cant wait to see the results.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #8 
Tikibirds

OOOH, I would do the orange female with the 1st male. It would be intersting to see what the babies would turn out like :)

Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing a pair of TEETH on the last guy?? It looks funny :)

Last edited by Tikibirds; 10-13-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #9 
Larsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
Aw thank you Larsa. I obsessively picked over the females for at least two months. It WILL be my first time! I've been doing lots of reading and question asking, but I've never bred so I hope it goes well..

And I don't know! He's black with slightly marbled dragon scale and orange spotted fins. Does that count as mg?

yes yes yes he counts as a mustard gas!!!! Mustard gas are usually bi colored, having any blue shade body and orange or yellow fins. I ♥ them!!! Here is the thread so you can see examples! ( I think someone posted a chocolate female pic in there, but oh well! http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=83328

0.o Breeding for the first time can be very nerve-wrecking! Good thing you are doing lots of research! =D there are plenty of ppl out there who dont do so and just dump a male and female in the same tank 0.o bad bad bad. Hopefully, one of your pairs will spawn and we can see some brilliant dragons =D about 4 months is actually a good age to breed them, but anything over a year usually doesnt often spawn ( unless they are a horn-dog! )

Last edited by Larsa; 10-13-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #10 
GreenTea

I also have this 8 rayed female, but she's a copper. Indjo, couldn't I just add a better rayed female from the spawn in f2 to fix the ray?