Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #11 
Bambi

iove the spotting on your blue and orage boy, he's be a good match for your dalmation. ^^ Male 2 i would breed to either 4 or 2, stay away from introducing red wash into the line ^^

female 4 also has some red/orange in her so she'd be a good match for male 1 if you want to try to get more like him.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 AM   #12 
GreenTea

Korwhord spoils me - Indjo, I hadn't noticed the blue marble boys 2 rays...I looked at his fish and found this guy, who has a yellow stomach and coloring similar to the one I picked last time who arrived DOA. He has 4 rays which is better, and has more compatible colors with my females I think. Korwhord let me trade him =]

Last edited by GreenTea; 10-14-2011 at 04:01 AM.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #13 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
I also have this 8 rayed female, but she's a copper. Indjo, couldn't I just add a better rayed female from the spawn in f2 to fix the ray?
I doubt it. Form will mostly follow the female. So most of your F1, if not all, will have 2 rays - specially the females. Some of the males may have 4 rays though.

Your male is a drgn and so is that last female. Her only fault is that she has a rather long body for a PK. SO IMO they compliment each other. You will have tons of different colors, including multi's with orange/red fins.

Fixing colors is much easier than fixing form .... and definitely easier to spot. I'd rather pair him to the orange drg and get 8 rayed F1. Then pick out the colors I like best and do F2...... and so on. You would always get at least 4 rays and many 8 rays. Spawn the 8 rayed fry until f3-f4 and you will get it fixed in your line.

Quote:
Korwhord spoils me - Indjo, I hadn't noticed the blue marble boys 2 rays...I looked at his fish and found this guy, who has a yellow stomach and coloring similar to the one I picked last time who arrived DOA. He has 4 rays which is better, and has more compatible colors with my females I think. Korwhord let me trade him =]
Yes he looks better. Just remember that if you pair him to the non drg, you might lose the drg.... I mean pure drg scale.
Oh, another thing - look at the dorsals of your females. IMO your orange drg has the best dorsal out of all your females (stands upright - not leaning to the back).

Last edited by indjo; 10-14-2011 at 04:09 AM.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #14 
GreenTea

I think the super blue dragon girl would be best. Or I might just do the work to add rays..Don't know. Going to do my giants first! :D The male giant has 8 rays, I couldn't tell on the female..
Old 10-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #15 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
I think the super blue dragon girl would be best. Or I might just do the work to add rays..Don't know. Going to do my giants first! :D The male giant has 8 rays, I couldn't tell on the female..
This is what I mean by spotting form is more difficult - you can't see it immediately.

My recent spawn: Male 8 rays. Female 2 rays = fry all 2 ray females. Few males have 4 rays. None have 8 rays ....... by coincidence, I checked them this morning.

Your blue female has 4 rays so she would produce nice fry with either male..... not your 2nd male, but #1 and the last picture.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:35 AM   #16 
GreenTea

I meant like I couldnt tell because the photo is unclear I couldn't tell on the giant female.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #17 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I'm talking about spotting rays with the naked eye. I don't have a good camera that can make close ups. And it would be a hassle to take pictures of hundreds just to look at their rays. I only use magnifying glass. And it took me over an hour (bad eye sight).

But when spotting colors - well you immediately see what you like.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:21 AM   #18 
GreenTea

Got it. Yeah it's hard to see the rays, especially if the fins are light colored. How old are you indjo?

How are your giants doing?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #19 
alysalouise

Quote:
Got it. Yeah it's hard to see the rays, especially if the fins are light colored. How old are you indjo?

How are your giants doing?

*Cough Cough*
How young are you indjo?
:) Sounds nicer than old :) lol

Did you figure out who your pairing up?
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #20 
indjo
TFK Moderator

My body is much older than my age. My mind is not older than a teenager. LOL.

They're confusing. They don't look like they're growing. But then again I stare at them everyday.