BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #2 
MMAsac
Banned

tanks looks good, but she is stressed
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #3 
Larsa

good that you have a filter and heater!!! Did you just add the girl in? she does look a little stressed, maybe give her some space and add in a toy? =3 Also, after full water changes or adding new decor sometimes fish can get very stressed. I usually give my girl's a small treat to cheer them up.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #4 
TequilatheBetta

My girl is in a heated, filtered 28 gallon tank by herself and she has stress lines too. I thought maybe there wasn't enough cover and hiding places, but your tank has tons and your girl has stress lines too. Maybe it's just a reaction they get from being in a bigger tank?
TequilatheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #5 
bkelizabeth

The tank looks reallyyyy pretty! I love the stones....... and (reading other comments) I didn't realize bettas get "stress lines." Thank god people don't, or I'd look ridiculous.
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #6 
BellasMomma

Yea ive read about those stress lines. she lived in a 1 gallon for about 3 weeks and then went to this and shes had those stress lines ever since. she used to get them in the one gallon on every water change. I thought the 10 gallon didnt have enough hiding places so i bought a huge plant and a new cave and still the stress lines. also she hasnt been sleeping. in her 1 gallon she ALWAYS slept on her Betta leaf, but now never, and no where else. im constantly watching her. i just hope that when i sleep she gets some too. i wake up like 5 times a night and ill sneak up on her like i used ot in her 1 gallon and everytime shes just swimming around. u guys dont think this 10 gallon is too big for her liking right? u think she still needs more time to get used to it? i think its been like 4-5 days... ive given her a few pieces of a pea, SHE TOTALLY LOVED IT! as a treat. u think it could be the lighting on the tank? in her 1 gallon she just got natural light. now she gets 12 hours LED light and then 2 hours blue LED light and then 10 hours no light... any suggestions... maybe more plants and hiding places???
Old 10-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #7 
BellasMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
good that you have a filter and heater!!! Did you just add the girl in? she does look a little stressed, maybe give her some space and add in a toy? =3 Also, after full water changes or adding new decor sometimes fish can get very stressed. I usually give my girl's a small treat to cheer them up.
What kind of toy??
Old 10-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #8 
TonyK

Looks real good. One thing I would do is put some sort of background on the tank. I like using black construction paper. To me it makes the inside of the tank pop out a little more.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #9 
Fieldz

I would give it 7/10. Just not 10 because that coral like thing hole is too small and your betta can get stuck in there, believe me. And because those pebbles arent really beautiful and are not as easy to clean as sand.

Buy sand and remove that coral thing and I will give you a 10 :D
Fieldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #10 
BellasMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Looks real good. One thing I would do is put some sort of background on the tank. I like using black construction paper. To me it makes the inside of the tank pop out a little more.
I actually had been trying to decide which one i wanted. but i decided to go with a seasonal theme. Like for halloween, xmas, vday and so on. heres wat i have now, Do u like??
Attached Images