Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #1 
noahk11

Exclamation Betta *JUST* jumped out of tank

My betta just hoped out of his tank (well a little container because i was cleaning his tank). He seems to be fine i have no idea how long it was. It looks like he lost a couple of his scales or something (i dont know if there scales) Please help! I feed him and he ate normally
noahk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

He's fine. Trust me. I have.... four jumpers, and three are escape artists. My female can jump 3 inches, and the two males jump over an inch. My new guy, Shiloh, I think lost his ego with a scale o_O lol. I love the fact bettas can be fine if they accidentally decide they can swim outside of water ><

Keep the water clean for his scales. Also next time when he is in a container, put something ontop. Whether syran wrap, a book... anything :) that's what I do!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #3 
noahk11

Thanks, Heres Some Pics and A Video Of Him Currently, He also seems to be sitting at the top of the container he is in. Is that ok/normal after this situation? I know he is still alive because if look at him he'll move.

Powered by VideoBam - Free Video Hosting

Last edited by noahk11; 10-13-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #4 
noahk11

Im also filtering his tank currently, will it be safe to put him back in soon?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #5 
Silverfang

PUt him in clean water, if you have stress coat feel free to add some of that. And let him rest in a quiet, dark place. A towel draped over the tank will help.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Yeah looks like he lost a couple scales, but he'll be fine. One jumper I used to have sat in the bottom after, another was perfectly fine, and another (geeesh) was at the top. As long as he is alive :p

And Silverfang has a good idea.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #7 
noahk11

When can i put him back in his tank (its not a community tank or anything) there is clean water in there + its been filtering for a few hours now as well as my fish has been resting for a while.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #8 
Myates

I think it would be good to go ahead and return him now. He will relax quicker and easier in his home that he recognizes. Just keep the light dim for a bit to make sure he doesn't stress out any more today and he should be fine.
Make sure you acclimate him to both the temp and the chemistry by floating him in the tank, taking out water from the cup, adding in tank water for about 20 minutes and he should be good to go.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote