Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #1 
bkelizabeth

Talking New fish....:)

Thank GOD I have an amazing boyfriend....
because he is always MORE than willing to buy me new bettas whenever I want them. We just got a cute little pink girl!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D This is the second lady in his 15 gal tank in his apartment. I hope they get along alright :O.....:)

She's light light light pink with the double tail. She's got little flecks of purples and dark pinks. It looks like one of the other fishes at Meijer took a little bite out of the bottom lobe of her tail... but it should heal alright :)

I'll post a pic soon :D I'm just really happy!!!! I love getting new fish!
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #2 
Indyfishy

That's soooo cute, you have a sweet boyfriend =D Females need to be in groups of four or more because the more dominant one will pick the weaker one to death, so you may want to remove her for now. But hey, it's just an excuse to get more bettas ;D
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #3 
bkelizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfishy View Post
That's soooo cute, you have a sweet boyfriend =D Females need to be in groups of four or more because the more dominant one will pick the weaker one to death, so you may want to remove her for now. But hey, it's just an excuse to get more bettas ;D
I was watching them pretty carefully for a few hours.... and they seem to be getting along alright :) The little one is way faster than the blue one anyway, and the blue one is definitely dominant. THANK YOU for that advice! It's our anniversary today sooooooooooo I'll show him what you said and I'm sure I'll have a new fish by the weekend, lmao. AHHH!!!!!!! I'm so excited to get new bettas now! <3 hahahah thank you so much.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #4 
bkelizabeth

OH! I probably should've mentioned that we have a ton of other fish.... guppies, a silver dollar fish, and a couple others :P So, that might help with any dominance issues.

Last edited by doggyhog; 10-16-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Profanity
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #5 
GreenTea

Do you have just two females in a tank together? If yes, please cup and float or remove one immediately! If the tank is divided they will be ok, but if they're together they will attack one another at some point.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #6 
hedgehog

You really can't keep the two together without some other betta girls even if the little one is much faster than the other. They both will be constantly stressed out, especially the submissive one. Also please watch the language as there are many younger members that use the forum.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #7 
bkelizabeth

Ah! Sorry! .....Mmmm yep! we're picking up some new fish today.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #8 
hedgehog

Cool! When you get your new bettas it's recommended (maybe necessary) to take all your bettas out of the fish tank and reintroduce them slowly from order of least aggressive to most aggressive. So you would add the least aggressive wait some time and add the next one wait a little while longer add the next, etc. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's how you introduce fish into a sorority.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #9 
Indyfishy

Hedgehog is right, that is a very good way to do it. It keeps the initial aggression down since they have to re-establish their territories =)
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #10 
bkelizabeth

Oh! Wow! Thanks for the tips guys :) I really appreciate it! The new bettas I bought are definitely not aggressive. So I might have to try this with the original brat ;) haha. Thanks you everyone! I just want to have a happy tank.