Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #11 
diablo13

I'm young, I'd really love to be a Vet. But If that isn't possible, a Marine Biologist would be nice. Then I could justify having a huge marine tank :P
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #12 
erinandares

While i'm not currently going to college, I plan on it at some point. I guess the end goal is to be an art teacher or an art therapist for people with special needs.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
I study animal science and biology in college and am graduating at the end of the semester. I also just finished applying to vet school so hopefully I'll be hearing good news back from them.
That's fantastic! I hope you get some good news soon. Good luck.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #14 
gmd1800

Everyone has such great dreams. I really hope it turns out the way you all want to. :)
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #15 
Bombalurina

I'm studying Law and English at uni. This semester I'm studying Commonwealth Constitutional Law (yawn!), Bioethics, Health Law and Human Rights, and Classic Novel into Film. I was doing Advanced German, too, but I've dropped that.
Current plan is to do a year in the police force after I graduate, hopefully doing Honours in English at the same time, then work for the public prosecution sector.
I really wanted to be a Legal Officer in the Navy, but after back and shoulder injuries and the reduction of the forces to Reservist LOs only, it looks like that dream is on the back burner.

I also want to join a law reform commission on animal welfare laws.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Ohmy gosh, that stuff sounds so hard! Good luck with your classes.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #17 
Bombalurina

Thanks! Bioethics is the only hard one (some really deep issues involved - euthanasia, abortion, right to life, right to medical treatment, etc) and is really challenging emotionally as well as mentally. ComCon is just boring and Classic Novel is a wonderful excuse to read fun books and watch movies and call it work. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

BioEthics sounds like it would be interesting. I had a class in college called Topics in future issues where we discussed some contraversial subjects. Our professor didn't state his opinion on anything. He just said it was up to the individual to form their own opinion.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #19 
SaylorKennedy

Woo bio majors!

I'm a sophomore at a private liberal arts college. I was taking biology with a focus on the Pre-Dentistry track but I realized not too long ago that I don't want to go to dental school. So I'm staying with the biology major and am interested in zoology or something with in horticulture sciences. We'll see which class I like better. I take my first zoology class for winter trimester! Then I'll probably be taking Cell Bio/Botany in the spring trimester so I should know which one I like more.
I also plan to apply to the local zoo here as they offer internships through my college. They have a bunch of different ones too, like ones with animal husbandry and then they have a nifty one where you study/research the plants that they put in the exhibits. So either of those would be fun.

Also, right now I'm working part-time as a cashier at a home improvement store. If all else fails I'm just going to commit my life to them.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #20 
hmckin20

I was a freshman last year in art school but I've transferred and I'm considering information technology as well as computer forensics. (:
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote