Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #1 
xbecky685x

Question What are these tiny wormy things?!

Hello
I have a baby biorb.. Waters fine and temp is about 80.. I have been doing water changes every other day..
I have just discovered while peering into Frodos tank that there are little white wormy things on the glasss and floating around in the water.. At first i thought they must be just dirt but they are moving!
So all i ask is what are they? Are they dangerous to my poor little boy? To be honest i dont like them in there.. How can i get rid of them?
Thank you

xx
xbecky685x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #2 
Larsa

Do you have any live plants in the tank? If you do, it might just be infusoria which are totally harmless. There are all different kinds of "worms" that can be present in tanks. If you can tell us how they swim, how big they are, what color they are, and if they are effecting your fish, that would narrow it down quite a bit :p

hmmmm You could take out your fish and give your tank a HOT water rinse ( the plants, decorations, rocks, everything ) and that should get rid of any pests. No need for anything harsh like chemicals, unless you have a parasite which I doubt. :P **if you do have a live plant you might need to replace it depending if its infusoria. I once had a huge infusoria problem in my ten gal with all my live plants and hot water did the trick! :D Havnt spotted any since :P :/

Last edited by Larsa; 11-08-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #3 
xbecky685x

Thanks for the quick response :)
No, no live plants..
Hmm they dont look as if they are swimming lol just floating.. but on the tank they move like snakes.. Sorry im rubbish at describing things.. They are tiny! so so small.. they range from - to -- maybe even ---
Maybe i should do a 100 % water change and give everything a good clean anyway.. It will be the frist time iv done one.. Hope i dont scare my poor fish too much :( i do love him so.. :)

Thanks again :)
x
Old 11-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #4 
Bambi

Depending on the size/filtration on your tank you probably should have done a 100% by now anyway. xD
But yeah, doing that should get rid of whatever is in your tank.

I giggle when i see people using dash's to mark how big something is. xD It's shows up different on everyone's screen(mine for example is a smaller laptop, and i have the font zoomed in x1).

Anyway, good luck. :) To cut back on stress, alot of people will cup the betta instead of netting it.^^
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #5 
xbecky685x

Oh haha! I never thought about people seeing things in different sizes! duhhh lol
Anyway thank you very much i shall do a 100% water change :D
x