Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Talking Shiloh!! And Reggie!!

Shiloh is a super duper jumper, hence why I got these containers! He is a skilled escape artist, knocking off rocks bigger than he is to push the object off. So. Now he can't get out :) Although he did jump out before I got the lid on >< -ugh- But his fins are healing nice, slowly, but nice. He's a VT :) When he flares, he only half flares because of the damage, but he'll flare at me, the wall, me, other bettas, me, or me.... ... ... His fins have been damaged from other fish, but there is still some there! He's got a purple body, fading into blue on his fins, with red and white (supposed to be) on the ends. He's missing scales from the previous fish, and from escapes that failed. (silly fish, the air in the water is NOT swimmable. Perhaps he was the one who shouted "evolution!"? ;) y'know what I'm talking about).

Reggie doesn't jump -yet-. So far I can tell he just started getting some fin rot, so I'll be treating that with clean water and such :) He's active, but mellow. He hasn't flared yet, but I'll get him used to his surroundings. Obviously his fins are damaged... actually he doesn't have fins left. Only the one anal fin... He's been in the store for half a month now I suppose. He seems grateful right off the bat when I put him in his 1 gallon tank, he comes up to see me, and his colors got more relaxed. He;s missing lines of scales on his sides... But, I'll help him through it! He also has pieces of his beard missing... I felt bad for leaving him there and taking Shiloh... But today I thought and thought and did it. I got him. :) I am pretty sure... he is a VT. lol. all we ever get here.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 10-14-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

I had a betta once who was the same color as reggie..and he was missing the whole back fin as well.. :P twins!
I love Shiloh 's colors!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #3 
bkelizabeth

Glad he's healing alright :) :) :) hahahaha oh silly men. Always acting tough... even to inanimate objects.
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

bkelizabeth: hehehe I know right? xD

littlebittyfish: thanks! I believe Shiloh will be a very pretty fishy with his fins returning! And Reggie... poor boy lol. he's missing so many scales on his one side O_O
Old 10-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #5 
Fermin

Oh my gosh look at their poor little fins. :(

Glad you could give them a nice home where they can safely recover. :)
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

i know :( all tattered or non existent. But they are safe here, not cold, fed variety of goodies, and loved :)
Old 10-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #7 
Noemi

oh my gosh, what happened to the poor things D: i'm glad you took them in though :)
Noemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #8 
Sena Hansler

I believe Shiloh was of a baby cichlid tank, hence the damage to the side of the face where it looks like it was torn off... And Reggie was definitely rosy barb victim since it looks like their handy work.