Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #1 
carzz

Favorite type of betta!

What's your favorite type of betta fish? :D
Males, females, veil-tail, double tail, plakat, halfmoon, rose tail.... Any that you can think of! And color!! :D

I love love veil tails!! They remind me of dogs! :P IDK why, but it's true. And when the flare, they have beautiful fins. But I also really would love to buy a rose tail betta!
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #2 
Lighterman

HMPK's. Dunno why, what I know is that they are more developed in colors than any other betta breeds except veil's. Plus, they can reduce ray length if crossed with another gene, more active, and easier to develop OHM breeds. ;)
Lighterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #3 
trilobite

Pk especially hmpk. Personally I'm not a fan of long finned fish. Pks look awesome even when not flaring

Although a good long finned HM with a symmetrical apperance, clean finnage edges and good body and topline is irresistable...it would be enough to convince me to turn to the long finned side.
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:58 AM   #4 
purplemuffin

I love HMPKs... :) They are fiesty!! They are generally fun and active! Before mine got sick/injured he NEVER stopped swimming, he utilized his 5 gallon tank like crazy. People always said 'wow! He looks so small in there by himself, are you sure he needs the space?" But after watching how he uses that tank, they know he probably would love even more room!

I am impressed with the big pretty HMs though, they are always lovely. I would be nervous about tail biting though. Crowntails are always beautiful too. A classic red crowntail is always beautiful! Crowntails are also my favorite female betta tail type.

Someday I'd also like one of the fighters...they are so streamlined and elegant looking. A fierce, raw beauty. Plus they are so full of energy!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #5 
Myates

I adore females and love their personalities. But if I have to say I had a favorite tail type.. I would go with either VTs or Spades (I have both).
I think the reason is because when you go to a store and look at bettas (especially long ago before other types became common), you'd mostly see the long finned, VT types. And even though these are not like their wild types, and they were created by man.. to me they seem "classic" and I just love them =)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #6 
TonyK

I like the plakat fighters. IMO, very healthy fish no need to worry about long fins. Only negtive in my opinion is not alot of color choices but, they are not bred for color and their colors they are are nice anyway.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #7 
Thesharpestlives

I just ADORE VTS! :D not sure why..but vts seem to tug at my heartstrings everytime i walk into a pet store :)
Thesharpestlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #8 
carzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesharpestlives View Post
I just ADORE VTS! :D not sure why..but vts seem to tug at my heartstrings everytime i walk into a pet store :)
I know what thats like :P They have something special about them, don't they?
And dannng! I think that most of the site would say plakat :P I have a plakat, vinny, but honestly, im still not that big of a fan.
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #9 
Lighterman

Uh huh...;)
Seems that the relatives still gets the rewards! ^^
Lighterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #10 
Thesharpestlives

Haha my vt zippers got a personality like no other :) thats another reason why vt are so dear to me :D
Thesharpestlives is offline   Reply With Quote