Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #1 
Betta Newbie22

Help! White looking stuff at the bottom of my tank!

Okay i know i haven't been on here for a while been dealing with finding a job, family problems and everything else.. Anyway Ive had this problem now for a couple months and i just cant figure out how to fix it. So my bf has this 25 gallon tank that he has two green spotted puffers in. Once a month he vacuums it and puts this stuff called Clear water in his tank that breaks up all the food and poop and stuff so it can be sucked up by the filter easier right?. Well my tank was looking a little cloudy so he put some in there to try to clear it up. Well it half worked my water was clearer but the next day there was this white fuzzy stuff at the bottom of the one side of my divided tank. So i vacuumed it out thinking that would take care of it which it got most of it out. but there's still some in there. It doesn't look like its hurting my fish any they seem happy and healthy. My question is How do i get rid of it? I don't wanna use the same stuff to clear up my water is there anything else i can use that will do the same thing but not leave white stuff? Please Help.
Betta Newbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #2 
Pitluvs

That "clear" stuff should only be used in a cycled tank, is yours cycled? Only thing I can think of is some type of algae or moldy food. Hope someone else see's this and can help you out.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #3 
Betta Newbie22

yeah thats what i was thinking too i just wanna know of a way i can get rid of it.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #4 
Silverfang

is it fuzzy? or more slimy? If it's slimy it could just be... uh water snot, harmless, but disgusting. If fuzzy I'd be more concerned
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #5 
Betta Newbie22

its more fuzzy it looks like