Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #1 
Cosmonian Freed

Your Goldfish

Talk about your Goldfish. These have nothing to do with betta fish so I thought I'd post it here.

My Goldfish:
Redhead, white with a red head.
Pie, a shubunkin with red, orange, white and black.

I used to have a goldfish named Sliver but she died. She lived from 2005 to 2011.
Cosmonian Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #2 
purplemuffin

Hmmm we used to have goldfish with our koi, but my parents messed up and didn't listen to me when I warned her about getting new rocks for the bottom of their pond. After half our fish were dead she finally got them all out of the water and finally decided to check them under vinegar. What do you know, they fizzed like crazy.

I was not happy!!

Right now we only have koi and one of the really fat goldfish with koi markings. I don't know what they are called, it was our neighbors fish, but when we had a flood warning she decided to get rid of it and tossed it in our pond. Random new fish, glad he didn't die of shock! It's fat and has long flowing tails. Adorable to watch him swim. :)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #3 
Cosmonian Freed

Do you name yours?
Cosmonian Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #4 
bahamut285

@Purple: What's wrong with limestone? It's just calcerous, not dangerous :S

As for the "goldfish with koi markings", it's probably a shubunkin. They're my favourite, when I get older and have a proper tank setup, I want to get some of them :)

My first two goldfish were my first pets ever, so I was not well informed. I rescued Zippo and Blotch from a first year biology lab at my university, so they lived with me in my dorm. They were maybe...an inch each? They were so small, I kept them in one of those 0.5 betta marina kits. I then saved up some money to get them a 2.5 Gallon with a filter where they lived for 3 years before passing. When Zippo died, my mum bought me Nigel to both console me and Blotch. Blotch just stopped caring, he was so upset and ended up passing away a week after. I went out to go and get Dea so Nigel could have a friend.

Now they live in an 8 gallon tank with 3 different types of filtration with every other day water changes X__X
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #5 
BettaMiah

I have a Goldie! His name is Beau. He is a white and Gold Common Goldfish. Beau is a survivor and I luff him! <3
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #6 
purplemuffin

Really? Everyone (on this website actually) warned me about the fizzing rocks that they would for sure leech stuff into the water and kill them. But maybe opinions have changed in the year I was gone. All I know is the moment she added the rocks, fish started dying left and right(we lost 8 that day), and they didn't recover until the rocks were removed and the water changed. I actually don't even think they were limestone, I know what limestone is. They were a weird colored rock that was crumbly and I could break off pieces in my hand. Even after boiling and rinsing the rock, if left in water it started to make it really murky. She got them from a landscaping/garden store.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #7 
bahamut285

Really? That's weird, I don't know any coloured rock that has a low hardness. Limestone would just raise your pH a bit, that's all. Sorry to hear about them fishes though DX
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #8 
purplemuffin

yeah, I DON'T Think they were natural. They weren't even for aquariums or fish. So I don't know. It was a BAD day. But we have 6 surviving koi after the incident and the one goldie. They have grown a lot, which is nice. :)
Old 10-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #9 
CrowntailTwitchy57

I want to get a goldfish, but i will PROBABLY get yelled at if I bring another pet home XD
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #10 
BettaMiah

>.< Yeah, and at least a 30 gallon! Its a pretty big tank.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote