Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #31 
LaLaLeyla

Well I'm sure you've made you'r mistakes with keeping fish and would not enjoy people telling you " You might as well get rid of your fish" or " You probably shouldn't have pets at all".
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #32 
BettaMiah

I have. But I try to fix it. You won't listen. He is going to die. I promise you that much. He might live for 5 years, but he can live to 30+.

Listen to reason. Fix the problem you created! If you give him the proper home, he'll thank you.

Then you'll have really saved his life.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #33 
LaLaLeyla

No I'm listening.
I don't have the money nor space to have a 20 - 30 gallon tank.
I don't see anything wrong with him being in a filtered 2 1/2 gallon tank.
Yes I understand it will shorten his life.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #34 
BettaMiah

Then really listen to me.
Then you shouldn't have adopted him. Plus, it isn't 30-50. Its 55-75. That is absolutely not an excuse. Look on Craigslist. They give away large tanks all the time. Or rehome him.

You don't, do you? Then there is no hope. They can get 2 feet long. That wouldn't even FIT in 2.5 gallons! Secondly, they produce so much ammonia and poop, they need double filtration even if they were in 75 gallons! You need to change the water 2ce a day 100%!

Then wow. You should give him his whole life. That is awful.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #35 
LaLaLeyla

Yup. I'm so awful.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #36 
LittleBettaFish

Save up like you planned and move him into a 15 gallon if you have room for it. If you've got a garage, a plastic tub could go out on the floor. If he's a comet or common, he should be fine at lower temperatures.

While a 10-15 gallon tank is not ideal, it's better than the conditions a lot of goldfish live in.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #37 
BettaMiah

True. Anything is better.

You are not listening. I'm done.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #38 
LittleBettaFish

BettaMiah being abrasive and looking down on someone isn't exactly putting forth a good persuasive argument. Why should LaLaLeyla listen to you if you're just going to shoot her down.

LaLaLeyla
- Save up your money and look into getting a 15 gallon tank. If you can afford and have room for a 30-40 gallon tank somewhere down the track, that should be big enough for one goldfish. A couple of internal power filters should provide the necessary filtration, and there are a lot of cheap brands available.

For now, even with a filter, you are probably going to have to do large daily water changes. This will limit the effect of the stunting hormone, and reduce the risk of ammonia toxicity.

Goldfish are a long-term investment as they do live a very long time compared to a lot of other pets. They are a very friendly and personable fish (mine hand-feed from a pair of tweezers), and deserve to be treated with respect.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #39 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Wow. Just wow. And there are billions of people in the world. Dead or alive. But we all still deserve life, and quality of life, huh? Wow. You should NOT own pets.

And he won't grow larger. He won't grow because his body knows there isn't enough room. He will be stunted and end up with a bent spine.

Even if he NEVER grew, the ammonia would kill him.

Take him back. being food is much better than the long painful death you have set him up for. Please!

What do you keep your bettas in? Cups?
LOOLLLL Your 10g "grow out". Im gonna go find it and remind you of what you* have.
How dare you keep your fish in a 10g! How dare you!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Take a chill, stop shoving yourself down people's throats. Its disrespectful and your responses are not only uninsightful, but rude.

Just stop, you're acting like a child in a situation that should be dealt with with understanding. This user is trying. And, you know what? It IS just a goldfish. The user is doing what they can. The end.

Be quiet until you can learn to be respectful. Ive yet to see you be since you've joined.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #40 
BettaMiah

I think you need to read the rest of this thread.

But I apologize, LaLaLeyla. I get very frustrated and defensive. I really just don't want you to be in the same situation I am in.