Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #41 
LaLaLeyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
LOOLLLL Your 10g "grow out". Im gonna go find it and remind you of what you* have.
How dare you keep your fish in a 10g! How dare you!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Take a chill, stop shoving yourself down people's throats. Its disrespectful and your responses are not only uninsightful, but rude.

Just stop, you're acting like a child in a situation that should be dealt with with understanding. This user is trying. And, you know what? It IS just a goldfish. The user is doing what they can. The end.

Be quiet until you can learn to be respectful. Ive yet to see you be since you've joined.
Thank you so much.
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #42 
BettaMiah

And to me, it isn't just a Goldfish. It is a living being, a pet. Someone who deserves a spoiled life. Quality of life.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #43 
cajunamy
Banned

Everyone makes mistakes. Many people buy fish they aren't prepared for. Miah, I recall a few of your mistakes from the bettafish forums, and there is no reason to be so darn harsh to LLL. None at all.

LLL - in your case I would try to get the biggest container that will hold water that you can, put the fish in the garage or even outside if you won't rehome him.

Why does his initial cost negate the fact that he is alive, a living, breathing, feeling being? Yes, it is a .15 feeder fish, yes it might have been food for another fish. But that would have been a quick and painless death (most likely), vs having to sit in a toxic environment and slowly being burned to death :( (Not being mean, these are the facts. Ammonia will burn and poison the fish. He may survive in your 2.5 gallon tank for now, being small, but he will grow and grow and grow. And produce a LOT of poop, thus causing the ammonia problem. Goldfish are notorious for being messy fish and producing a ton of waste. And when he grows, he may stop, but his internal organs won't. His spine may not, causing him to be deformed and live a poor quality of life.

But in the end, it is your fish, and we can't make you do anything, only provide facts and education.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #44 
LaLaLeyla

Like I said this is my first goldfish. I'm only used to having bettas.
I forgive you. And Im sorry if I was acting insensitive.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #45 
bahamut285

+1 to P3 and Amy

lol everybody mad
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #46 
BettaMiah

Apology accepted. *Hugs*

I think you really want whats best for him but are kind of just overwhelmed. You aren't a bad owner or anything.

I'll do all I can to help. First things first, do you have the space for this size of a tank? Forget money for a minute.

EDIT- Is your profile pic him? Really cute.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #47 
LaLaLeyla

Yeah thats him >w<
His tank also HAS a filter btw. I don't know if I made that clear enough in my first post xD.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #48 
BettaMiah

I did see that, but they need double filtration. Does it have that? If so, please at least get a 5g filter or another one for 2.5.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #49 
LaLaLeyla

Not right now. But I siphon out his gravel and replace 10 percent of his water each week.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #50 
Bettawolf19

I have a comet goldfish named Vinny that I won at the fair. I had him in a plastic tupperware thing when I first got him and he splashed me in the eye then he went into the 10 gal after like an hour or so later (had to wait for the water to be conditioned). Now he's in a 30 gal with a filter built for 55+ I believe. Its a canister, Magnum 350 I think?
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote