Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #41 
Kaoru

Its okay, no hurries really. I'm just worried if you wait too long they might not take him back :o
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:17 AM   #42 
pyro fiend

i think you just had a wierd pleco actualy... iv raised many pleco.. from ones in goldfish/koy pond/tanks. to a 400g tank that had 5 plecos in it.. 1 stayed 7in long for like 10 yrs thn died [never found out why]. one became a wopping 22in. i sold him to a buddy cause he was in a goldie tank and ya the goldies 12in.. pleco 2x that lol never once have i had a problem with fslime sucking tho... now i wouldnt keep one any bigger then 10in with a betta just because.. well thats a big mouth XD but when i had the 400g they never sucked on anything i did have alot of driftwood and had a bunch of goldies in there befor to cycle it for a couple months maby thats y they lived? no idea.. never had that problem with commons tho but after a yr or 2 id say eathr give him a new home or get a 30-40g and make yourself a fun lil comunity tank w/o bettas :p lol
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #43 
Kaoru

Its a matter of how well off they are. I've only had issues with plecos that I have had less than a year, the older ones are fine. There's also a huge problem with the naming of common plecos, not all are the same thing. Its not so much I had a weird pleco, it was mostly because he was starved at the store and I was stupid enough to think he would be fine with the koi and goldfish for a while. What ended up happening was all the algae disappeared overnight and a few of my fish were harassed, one in particular was harassed so much his slime coat and scales never came back and he didn't make it in the long run. I've had friends and accounts on forums tell me similiar stories of a pleco that they got at the store that finished up all the algae and then went on to the fish because they were simply starving. Not saying that all are like this but there is a chance and its better to be safe than sorry.
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #44 
pyro fiend

well usaly common would be sail fin i believe. but as for the harrassing sometimes just adding a new fish to this big tank with new ppl. hes gota show hes not gona be a push over.. iv seen goldies and guppies tear apart a pleco overnight cause he was too mellow =[ never had a slime coat sucked off. i personaly always give them a few tabbs in a foot tote befor putting them in. my luck i bought one that was eating when they cought it.

but the one i recently got he was in a goldie tank and was freezing </3 hes in a 80deg goldie tank now and has only false charged yin my 1.5in goldie cause he thinks he owns this sunkin ship. now he dont care for the goldies coming in it and i feed him 2-3 tabs per day may be alot but my wafers r uber thin.

but i agree if you dont see it eating the lil fizzy food thing they feed them. even tho it has no nutritional value. its bettr then nothing.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #45 
MistersMom

mines healthy. u guys type too much!!!!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #46 
pyro fiend

lol thanks momma. i do type alot but id rather type alot then not enough and have to explain myself 50 times n whatnot ^.^
Old 10-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #47 
MistersMom

yeah lol...
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #48 
pyro fiend

welp unsubscribing here sence i voiced myself and have nothing more to realy say ^.^
Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #49 
MistersMom

me too...
Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #50 
dramaqueen
Banned

I haven't heard of plecos sucking the slime coat off other fish but I HAVE heard that Chinese algae eaters do it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote