Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #11 
Larsa

0.0 pretty!!!!! He looks like he has flames for fins!!!! I LOVE your dragon =3 ♥♥♥♥ dragon plakats are my fav, hehee
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #12 
Larsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Veil View Post
Ill try and get some today after class. Im thinking hes a delta tail. But ill find out soon enough :)

hmmm his caudal fins do look relatively long ot be a shortfin plakat. Get him to flare, and see if his caudal fin stretches out 180 degrees! :) if its a little under that, he's prolly a super delta. *** I have a "super delta" named Izume that reached like 160 degrees when he was a baby, and as he got older it reached a full 180 degrees- and still does. Idk why that was, but maybe if your boy gets a lil growing done that can happen to him too!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #13 
Nubster

How do you get them to flare? I tried a mirror and Conan was like...whatever and just swam away. He also won't flare at my finger, he just swims to it a waits to see if I am going to feed him.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #14 
Larsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
How do you get them to flare? I tried a mirror and Conan was like...whatever and just swam away. He also won't flare at my finger, he just swims to it a waits to see if I am going to feed him.

LOL... bettas are piggies, all they ever want is food.

hmmm..... here are some ways I make my fish flare:

a. adjacent male betta
b. adjacent female betta
c. A mirror
d. The light on my camera
e. My finger...but then they bite! :'(

hmmmm see, some bettas have different personalities! Some are all peaceful and compatible with others, some are the opposite. Some random items can upset or scare a betta fish. One of mine, Mr. Jappi.....HATES my finger and the camera!! He gets scared of the camera so he flares, creeps closer like he is gonna bite, and then he bumps his head on the tank!! X'D One of my bettafish pal's fish hates a plushie of the herpes virus and red nail polish 0.o The mirror is the most effective and common ;) He may just be peaceful and chill fish, im surprised the mirror didnt do it.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #15 
Nubster

Yeah...no reaction out of him at all with the mirror. I guess that's kinda good if he is that laid back since he is in a community tank. At least I don't have to worry about him ripping apart any of my other fish/shrimp.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #16 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Yeah...no reaction out of him at all with the mirror. I guess that's kinda good if he is that laid back since he is in a community tank. At least I don't have to worry about him ripping apart any of my other fish/shrimp.

try showing him another male or female betta
I had 2 that i couldnt get to flare, so i showed them eacher
I got a pretty good photo of them flaring at each other :)

OP
Very pretty! Cant wait to see some pictures of him flaring!
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote