Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #11 
ksage505

Gorgeous betta! I love the colors in your aquarium. Make sure the band of the suction cup isn't covering your indicator light! I would do as Pataflafla suggested and add in some cold water and then see if it comes on.
ksage505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #12 
betalova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksage505 View Post
Gorgeous betta! I love the colors in your aquarium. Make sure the band of the suction cup isn't covering your indicator light! I would do as Pataflafla suggested and add in some cold water and then see if it comes on.
Thank you!
I took it out and plugged it in-the light went on and it was very warm. Put it in the water and the light went out. So I guess the temp is fine??
Its funny bc the lady at the pet store they are low maintenance and resiliant to anything and would be an easy pet for a 2 1/2 year old and we are now finding they are more "work" and more fun then what we were told!
betalova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #13 
Pataflafla

That means your temperature is ok.

Bettas can be resilient, they just have to be healthy first. And usually it's work getting them healthy again after being kept at a pet store in the cups.

My boy, Ratchet, is a testament to the turnaround they can make. Got him as a little, gray betta that didn't have the energy to swim in a quarter gallon of water. Now he's a mean blue copper that has to be isolated because of his aggression (was in a divided 10 gallon tank and started tail biting).
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #14 
ksage505

Quote:
Originally Posted by betalova View Post
Thank you!
I took it out and plugged it in-the light went on and it was very warm. Put it in the water and the light went out. So I guess the temp is fine??
Its funny bc the lady at the pet store they are low maintenance and resiliant to anything and would be an easy pet for a 2 1/2 year old and we are now finding they are more "work" and more fun then what we were told!
Yes, the temperature is probably good then. Those heaters are pre-set to 78 so your water is probably already there. You'll want to get a thermometer to keep up with it. Sometimes heaters can malfunction. Yeah pet store workers aren't always the most trustworthy when it comes to fish...some will tell you just about anything if it gets them a sale. Bettas are pretty easy compared to larger fish but they do require a lot more than the pet stores will tell you! They are very fun!
ksage505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #15 
Zappity

Male Dalmation Veil Tail :)
Love your setup! And QRX is really pretty as well. Congrats to you and your daughter!
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote