Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #51 
fleetfish

When I was buying my two VT girls Mimosa and Electra, the sales lady asked me if they were going in with a male betta "because everyone who knows about bettas knows that they'll be much MUCH happier!" "Now why would I ever do that? They'll get their own tanks!" I said back to her (perhaps came off as a little snobby, but oh well :/). And she looked at me like I had three heads and was painted green.

And just recently a salesperson asked me if bettas can live in brackish .... O_o I was like ... "noooooo ....."
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #52 
Bombalurina

Not really crazy, but a while ago a petshop man (really high end fish-only shop, savvy about most things) told me I ought to flush my betta and her guppy companions because they were all female and therefore ugly. I was quite apalled.
Then he laughed at me when I said I liked bettas because they were 'pet fish' and that I didn't just keep fish for asthetic reasons.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #53 
Sena Hansler

I'd laugh back at him for having no life. And for being sexist to female fishies :p I've seen some butt ugly male bettas. and some butt ugly females. lol. IT'S EQUAL
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #54 
newtchaplin

Corn snake and king snake bought at Petsmart, they told me that because they were small that I needed to feed them crickets... If I didn't know any better I would have killed my snakes.
newtchaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #55 
Sena Hansler

o_O crickets. wow. lol. Yeah my friend's brother got a snake. what did she call it... a something cornsnake. - y'know, a black or ash grey one? yeah well it was a spotted python. HUGE difference xD
Old 10-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #56 
newtchaplin

Anery or Aneristic CornSnake. I totally beleive that pet store clerks are morons.
newtchaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:36 AM   #57 
caitic10

Not all...tere is one at a little lps I go to sometimes who knows his bettas. :) He has 10 all in ten gallon tanks!

My lps decided to put plants in the betta cups....why??? Now they have half as much room as they did before.
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #58 
Sena Hansler

Lol wow.... Well the pet store here, the owner of the store has bettas in with blind cave tetras (wonderful), danios (pretty good), the mellow with guppies (occasional nipped fin but nothing drastic), neon tetras (very good).... The girl tosses them willy nilly into wherever she thinks they'll fit. Rosy barbs. Cichlids. Gouramis. Grumpy betta with guppies. A-should-be-alone betta with a slow critter (like snails and plecos). Betta with glass and ghost shrimp, no plants.