Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #1 
Comet1993

Question Weird Tank?

I found a nice aquarium store near where I take my ice skating lessons, and I bought some new plants for Turbo there. =] I just did a water change and put his new plants in and some more gravel for them (I like to completely cover the bases of the plants with gravel so that nothing pokey sticks out.). I noticed that the tank looks "dusty", like there are lots of little particles floating around in it. I soaked the gravel in warm dechlorinated water and rinsed it in dechlorinated water before putting it in the tank, and I soaked the new plants in the same manner and let them air dry on a towel.. It may be the "leftover" dust on the gravel, but I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like it's bothering Turbo; he tried to eat a speck. o.O The filter is making this weird noise, though, so maybe that's why I'm so concerned about it. The tank usually looks a little bit dusty after water changes, but this is..intensely dusty. I took out the old carbon filter thing and moved it around in some of the old tank water instead of changing it, because I heard that would be best. I also changed one of the sponges that I was using for the baffling and extra filtration. It sounds so annoying. I wonder if it's hurting his ears. =/ I hope it doesn't malfunction/isn't malfunctioning..

Last edited by Comet1993; 10-16-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Missed a comma..
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

What kind of filter do you have? The waterfall (as I call it) kind? Or an external air pump? I noticed with one of mine sometimes I have to flick the fan and then it works right. Another one it's the vibration of the filter on the glass (annoying)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #3 
Comet1993

Mine is one of those filters that hangs on the outside and has a long intake tube. Sometimes, it has the waterfall effect if the water level isn't high enough or if it's not baffled well enough.
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote