Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #1 
undergunfire

Talking I finally found him!!

I have wanted a pure white betta for a long time now, searching Petco & PetSmart 1-2 times a week (coming close, but none were pure white), as well as checking out Aquabid. I found some lovely ones on Aquabid, but just can't justify paying the shipping fees from overseas.

Well, I was on Aquabid earlier looking for bettas that were for sale in the USA and found this one....

I couldn't believe it !!! He is a halfmoon plakat and is almost 3 months old. I get to go and pick him up tomorrow morning at 10am. I can't wait !!

I think I will be setting up my 20 gallon long (would need to buy a hood then) or my 29 gallon and dividing it. I can put Ghost Rider (my black/red/purple dragon scale halfmoon) into the other side.

I might name him "Triumph" or "Cafe Racer" to fit the motorcycle/scooter name theme (my other betta is a yellow crowntail named "Vespa").
undergunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #2 
BettaGirl290

Hes so preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety~! (lol im kinda hyper) if you ever spawn him, i would LOVE to have his offspring~!
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #3 
Mars788

Awwwh! Beautiful. Lucky you for finding him :D
Mars788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #4 
undergunfire

Thanks, guys! I also just found out from his breeder that he imported the parents from Thailand :). He said he'll let me check out the siblings and his other bettas tomorrow when I pick this guy up. I'm not sure how I will sleep tonight between being super excited and all hyped up on pumpkin coffee! Yay...this also means I need to go shopping tomorrow to get some sand (I'm not liking gravel much anymore) and some decor for the tank (ya know...because the bins of decor & fake plants in the garage aren't good enough ;) ).
Old 10-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #5 
Lighterman

I love that feeling. I'll bet you'll bring home this boy and some other uniques tom. ;)
Give us some more pictures afterwards! ^^
Lighterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #6 
undergunfire

I really hope I don't come home with more bettas tomorrow, LOL! We are planning to move to Austin, TX next spring and I'd prefer to not have a ton of fish to move (the bunnies and kitties will be enough of a pain!). It really doesn't help having the following empty tanks in the garage, either: a 20 gallon long, 29 gallon ($5 thrift store find!), a 2.5 gallon, and a 37 marineland (future reef tank though).

ETA:..I will definitely post up pictures - I need to do a lot of switching fish around/redoing tanks first!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #7 
Larsa

woooooot! I LOVE cellophane bettas!!!! look how pure and crisp his scales are!!! ^-^
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #8 
Myates

Love him.. and he was born the day before my birthday! I want to go get some now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
woooooot! I LOVE cellophane bettas!!!! look how pure and crisp his scales are!!! ^-^
This guy is a white one.. cellophane have this.. colored shimmer to them. Whites are just that.. white with little to no colored shine. =)
Cellophane:
Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #9 
fishy friend2

Beautiful!!!!!!! I love him
P.S I live in the Austin area, just about 10 to 15 miles south of downtown austin
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #10 
Larsa

^-^ lol LOLZ srry I get opaque and cellophane mixed up easily... either way... he has a da*m gorgeous fish :D srry, im loosing my mind today @-@ I had too way much icecream...

Last edited by Larsa; 10-17-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote