Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #31 
DarkMoon17

@Panthera-I'll PM you :)

@Bettawolf19-Thanks! I really don't want to part with him but he will be listed on AB soon unless you want to snatch him up. He'd probably be around $12.

These two males are now available on Aquabid:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ler&Darkmoon13

Last edited by DarkMoon17; 10-27-2011 at 12:41 AM.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:15 AM   #32 
Sakura8

I can't help but ask, DarkMoon, where the heck are you keeping this many bettas when you're at college? I live at home and I have no room for a big enough tank for over 100 fry. Either you have a queen-sized dorm room or you sleep on the floor wedged between a huge tank and a line of betta jars. ;)

They are absolutely stunning, by the way. Just amazing. You have some of the most beautiful bettas I've ever seen.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #33 
Tikibirds

Would it be safe to ship them here this time of year? I know they can get heat packs but Its below freezing up here.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #34 
DarkMoon17

@Sakura- haha you should see my room. I live with 2 other girls in a townhouse and because my lizard cages were to big to fit up the staircase I got the master bedroom! Other than my twin sized bed and art/computer desk the only other furniture in my room is animal related. I've got 2 20gallons, 2 10 gallons, 1 30 gallon, a 30 gallon storage container (w/ shallow water to keep jars warm), 78 jars (atm), the bearded dragon's 4ftx2ftx2ft cage and the water dragon's 5ftx3ftx4ft home... Plus, I just got 2 corn snakes... Since Deimos (water dragon) doesn't take advantage of some of the levels in her cage I put some of the jars in there (it keeps them at 82* day/night!) and I have a heated rack system stuffed into my walk-in closet for the other jars. It's like a zoo in there... I should take pis lol

@Tikibirds: If it is especially cold where you live then I suggest Express since it is usually overnight. I use heat packs that stay around 110*F for 72 hours. Express would definitely be ok, priority is at the buyer's risk.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #35 
Sakura8

I want your room, DarkMoon. That sounds awesome! Tanks everywhere, so cool. Standard tiny bedroom here. The bookcase, bed, and desk take up most of it but I have tanks on every available inch of the dresser and two on my desk, and I'm seriously considering getting rid of my TV to make room for one more tank (it sits on a platform on my desk).

Do take pics. It sounds like you have your room really well organized to take advantage of the most amount of space.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #36 
DarkMoon17

It is seriously like walking into a zoo/aquarium. I'll take pics this weekend. Sadly I let my room get ahead of my over the last two weeks because of midterms so it is a mess but this weekend should be a lazy one. Ghhaaa cleaning... I'd rather do water changes than clean! But this is good incentive ;)
Old 10-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #37 
copperarabian

Hey Darkmoon your going to UC Davis right? If I wanted to buy one could I just drive up and pick one? (It would also be a good excuse to visit some friends who go to davis lol)
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #38 
DarkMoon17

I would say yes, but I'm actually going to school in Missouri! I think you might have me confused with someone else. I do wish I was going to school in California though ;)
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #39 
Sakura8

Transfer to UC Davis, DarkMoon! Then you'll be like 20 minutes away from me and I can come oooh and aaaah over your spawn. :D
Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #40 
DarkMoon17

I don't even want to imagine what kind of transcontinental trip home (Massachusetts) that would be every summer! That would be one hell of a drive with all my animals lol But it does seem like a lot of BF members live in California... and that's where the shows are too... Maybe we can all go to the IBC competition together, that would be great :D