Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #1 
Rjb5584

I think I found betta paradise...

Stopped into a little hole-in-the-wall fish store I passed literally tens-of-thousands of times before, simply on a whim.

Turns out they have dozens and dozens of show-quality bettas, imported straight from SE Asia, and dirt-cheap at that! Half the price ofthe big-box stores!

The top four I'm looking at, and can't decide (wish I could show the pics--all these are males):

a blue and white HM butterfly
a HM platinum and red dragon
a turquoise/baby blue and black HMPK
a platinum and red dragon HMPK

REALLY wish I found this place sooner! Absolutely can't believe it! Plus, they keep the water crystal-clear--the containers are a little small, especially for the giants, but considering how quickly they sell them, it's a non-issue.

Moral of the story: exhaust all the possibilities, no matter how remote you think they might be!

Based on the super brief description, which of those four would you grab?
Rjb5584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #2 
Bambi

Oooo, ilove hole in the wall places like that. I would get the dragon halfmoon and or the blue and white halfmoon.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #3 
tpocicat

We have one like that here too! The name is Seven Seas, so I thought it was mainly marine fish, but while they have them too, they have some absolutely beautiful Bettas! I got a half moon melano and red female there!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #4 
Rjb5584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Oooo, ilove hole in the wall places like that. I would get the dragon halfmoon and or the blue and white halfmoon.
The dragon hmpk or the standard dragon hm?

I spent two hours in there trying to decide before leaving so I could think about it some more.

Yeah, this place is simply called "Tropical Fish", and their logo is a clown fish, so I figured it was all saltwater too, but it turns out the owner is a real hardcore betta enthusiast!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #5 
Bambi

The standard halfmoon xD I love HMPK, but i'd love to see more dragom HM's around.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #6 
Rjb5584

I'm a little reluctant to get the non PKs cuz I already have a HM, a SDeT, and a DeT, but no PKs or CTs. But the color strength on both the non-PKs were literally jaw-dropping.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #7 
Bambi

Haha then get the PK's xD Alot of the PK's coming around these days do have really awesome color, probably because they're not as focused on the fins as say a HM breeder would be(working for the ideal shape and all)
Old 10-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #8 
Nubster

Where is this located? Website? Do they ship? Will you buy and ship? There isn't anyplace around me that has really nice Bettas other than Petco an hour away and a Petsmart about an hour twenty minutes away.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #9 
Rjb5584

I live in southern California. Not sure they have a website. They might ship--no idea. It was my first time there, so I have no idea what their policies are or what they are like.

I'd be open to the idea of shipping them, but I gotta check the legalities of it--I live in the most ridiculous state in the Union. We have laws that make little sense at best in some cases.

PM me with what you are looking for, and I'll keep an eye out, let you know if/when I find anything like that.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #10 
emeraldsky

Thats awesome!

I actually just found somewhere like that too, I havent been there yet, going tomorrow, but Ive talked to the owner and it sounds promising.

Plus they have cherry shrimp, and are the only place around me that sells them, so Im happy regardless XD
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote