Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #21 
Pataflafla

I honestly have no idea what's happening to him. It looks as though his face is sinking in too.

Hopefully someone who knows what this is will take a look and help out, but I'm of no more help here. I really do hope he pulls through, but if things get any worse I think you need to think of his quality of life and your options unfortunately.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #22 
KatMays379

Pataflafla, I just want to thank you for all of your help. I would have never thought to use Maracyn 2 or Maracyn and never would have thought to use epsom salt (in any quanitity) if you'd not suggested it, and its good to know someone like you who seems to have a lot of experience is out there helping as much as they can. I should have taken photos sooner and posted them.

Anywho, thank you Pataflafla for your help. Sorry I don't have better photos or news to report.
KatMays379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #23 
KatMays379

For the last 2 weeks or so Fafner has been about the same, with a few minor ups and downs. I decided, since he wasn't getting any worse, that unless something became very obvious and he was noticbly in distress and not trying to continue on, I was going to allow him to stay with us; he was eating like the little piggy he was and still swimming for air at the top and resting inside the caves I gave him and everything that could possibly show he was still interested in living.

Well, today he stopped eating; I offered him food 3 times, even dropping the food right next to him, and he wouldn't touch it. So, unfortunatly, Fafner is no longer with us; as it was obvious he wasn't comfortable, I've helped him to pass on.

I want to thank everyone who was kind enough to offer advice and information and walk me through so many diferent treatments and possible causes. It was far more of a help than I can express. I hope that if someone elses betta is going through something similar, they can find some useful information from this thread that will help them save their betta buddy.

Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:43 AM   #24 
Pataflafla

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #25 
KatMays379

thanks, and thank you especially for all of your help and advice; I think the epsom salt helped ease some of the symptoms and I never would have thought to use Maracyn or maracyn 2 if you'd not suggested it.

Tags
bladder, floor, sbd, swim