Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm definitely going to get one. I might order it next week. I have to see what my bills are looking like this month.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #32 
AngelicScars

Heads up, Kindle Fire is backlit and not really an e-reader. If you get that, might as well not get one to read books at all and stick to reading off of a phone or the computer.
Stick with the e-readers with TRUE e-ink if you are going to use it to read books, otherwise you'll strain your eyes.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks for the info, Angelic. Maybe they'll change that in the future. Yeah, I plan to read books off of it. They don't have a light that turns on and off?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #34 
AngelicScars

It's made to do more then just use as an e-reader, which is why it costs so much. If you are looking for just a basic e-reader, stick with the basic Kindle. Make sure it has e-ink. You could even get older models that work just fine and not have to pay as much. I have the the first gen. I bought it when they FIRST came out and paid the heafty price tag that came with it. It's been several years and mine does what I need it to (ability to read books) with no problems to this day.
I think it would be cool if they had some way to have the backlight for apps and e-ink for reading, but they just don't.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:00 AM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

I want the Fire because I want to be able to connect to the internet besides reading.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #36 
AngelicScars

That's fine, and the Fire makes for a good tablet. As far as reading though, it will be like looking at a computer screen.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh well, that's ok.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #38 
Badjer

If reading off a computer doesn't bug your eyes and you want something that's multi-purpose, the Fire is for you. Personally, I love the eink because I have bad eyesight and reading a lot off a lit up screen gives me a headache. Although, at my high school, all the students are given school distributed iPads, and I downloaded the kindle reading app so I can read in class. -guilt face- I can automatically sync books from my kindle to my iPad and back so I never loose my place. XD
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have bad eyesight as well but reading off a computer screen doesn't really bother me.