Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

I actually see that in my female Madame. She is supposed to be pitch black with metallic green/blue, but when she is stressed red appears more on her dorsal and anal fin. So guess it is stress o_O But yeah, for water changes you can coax or "suck" the betta into a cup and it'll be less stress for the little fella.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #22 
callistra

My first guy does that. He's really used to me and will swim right up. My new one is super high strung and hides. Hopefully I can get b etter with him.

It'll also be a lot easier when there's a wider mouth. The bowls are hard to get into.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Agreed! And I am sure if you take time with him he'll get used to you :) each fishy to his own
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #24 
callistra

R.I.P Jayhawk :( I noticed yesterday he wasn't his active self, and this morning he was lying motionless on the bottom of his bowl. Last night he still ate perfectly fine he was just really calm where as normally he is super hyper. I had him in a heated room and the bowl temp was a steady 77, which is a little cool but should have been okay. The water was RO plus stress coat plus aquarium salt. I feel like such a terrible fish owner.. I should have gone with the tetracycline I had lying around but I was afraid it would be too harsh on him. :(( I did notice this morning the tips of his fins seemed a little.. fuzzy.. His fins continued to disappear but I thought he was just biting because I actually saw him go for them once and he was eating perfectly fine.

His tank should have finished cycling this week.. I don't know if it would have made a difference or not :( I know he was stressed but I didn't know if the diseased caused the stress or the stress caused the disease :( I feel like maybe he never fully recovered.

Last edited by callistra; 11-19-2011 at 01:52 PM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote