Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #1331 
Wynn

Question on the health of a frog.
My moms frog been in some bad shape, he just got transfered to a 20 gallon tank being previously in a 1 gallon tank. My mom is new to this so didn't do much research. He has been staying at the top nearly constantly. He isn't moving unless touched. He is room mate with a betta but they seem to get along. I not sure how much food he has been givin, he looks thin. My mom didn't buy speical food for him so they both get betta pellets. The 1 gallon tank would spike nitrate over night but it got a decent ammount of water changes, I suspect he is going to be dead soon I am wondering if there is any hope for this little guy?
Wynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #1332 
Skyewillow

Your mom needs to get some food formulated for the frog, there's different requirements for each.

the crude fats, fibers, and proteins in my frog's ZooMed pellets are at a higher percentage than they are in my Omega One betta food.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #1333 
Wynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
Your mom needs to get some food formulated for the frog, there's different requirements for each.

the crude fats, fibers, and proteins in my frog's ZooMed pellets are at a higher percentage than they are in my Omega One betta food.
If he is thin, not eating barly moving and constantly floting. Think there is much hope?
It is kind of sad that he goes south right after she gets the tank after him suffering though about 3 weeks of a 1 gallon with a betta :'(
Old 06-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #1334 
Wynn

Bump out of ergency, We moved him to a 1 gallon tank and he went to the bottom, he is still lethargic and not eating but we left food at the bottom for him, though I supose it is possible he ate 1 bite and we missed it. We have been unable to get Frog food yet so we offered all we had which is the betta smallest pellet which is meaty.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #1335 
jlllm

My frog died. Nobody would help me. :(
jlllm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #1336 
Wynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlllm View Post
My frog died. Nobody would help me. :(
My moms died too :'(
I have learned one main cardinal rule. Aquatic life is much harder to take care then the avarage person realizes.
If it helps http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=63525
Old 06-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #1337 
Chesh

I'm sorry for your losses. . . :(
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #1338 
SnowySurface

I have a basic question because I over looked something while cycling and setting up my ADF tank. T_T

So far on my froggie check list I've
-cycled the tank
-added live plants
-added a nerite snail for algae (and to look cute :3)
-noticed a pond snail invasion (why live plants....why? -_-)
-added floating plants so the light isn't always directly shining on the little guys
-will add drift wood once it's done soaking
-hiding spots
-food I will get when I get the little guys so it isn't going bad on a shelf. XD

So....after getting this far I just realized/remembered that ADFs don't like tall tanks. Therefore, before I drown any froggies by accident, is 12 inches too deep for a ADF to make it to the surface to breath?

I can't post a picture of my set up because I am at work, but this is a link to a tank with reletively similar dimensions for reference.

Note: Sorry for your losses. I posted my question before reading any previous posts.

Last edited by SnowySurface; 06-24-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Just read the few post above mine
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #1339 
LittleWatty

12 inches is totally fine, so long as the current isn't strong. I've got 3 ADF in a 15 gallon tank that is at least 12" tall.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #1340 
SnowySurface

Thanks. :)

Hopefully I can get 2 ADF either this weekend or next week end. *crosses fingers*
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote