Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #1011 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

As long as you don't end up with Atilla the frog, you should be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #1012 
twissfish

LOL, I remember reading that! How is she doing, anyway? And "The Hun?"
twissfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #1013 
SpookyTooth

I think... we need more frog photos and videos. -Nods profusely- Yup. Critical to the integrity of the topic!

I have some sad news, though. The store I frequent no longer stocks African dwarf frogs; the last two batches came in with horrible bacterial infections, apparently, and they no longer think it's wise to stock them. I'm inclined to agree, to be honest, as if the breeder sends out sick animals then it could wreak havoc on the store, its other livestock and reputation not to mention how unfair it is on the individual animals affected.

I stood in the store looking at the bettas and red cherry shrimp and after a little while I decided not to restock Kaze's 4 gal; I'm breaking it down and moving all plants/livestock (which consists of a single assassin snail and various other snails) into Red's 7 gal instead. With the way my health is at the moment I just can't care for another animal, especially an aquatic one. The 4 gal will have new life breathed into it in the form of carnivorous plants; I'm going to turn it into a terrarium which I'm very excited about -- I haven't been this excited in a fair while, seems my health has been getting in the way of me enjoying my hobbies.

I'm still going to hang around in this topic because I simply love reading about everyone's frogs and their antics so unfortunately you're all stuck with me
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #1014 
LittleWatty

Those poor frogs! It'd be so nice if there were stocking breeders out there that thought of these animals as just that, and not just stock to make profit off of. Hopefully that store will eventually stop buying from that breeder all together (if they sell more than just ADFs) and find another one to get their stock from.

I'm definitely happy for you being happy about your plans for the 4 gallon! :D When my two 6.6 gallon tanks are empty, I'll probably do the same thing with them. Running so many tanks is tough, and having health problems doesn't help any.

I'm sure I won't be the only person to say that you're more than welcome to stay ;)
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #1015 
Chesh

Awwwww, Spooks. . . I'm sorry to hear that you've been so unwell.

I know what you mean about the frogs, it's GOOD to see a shop that takes action and stops supporting the breeders who are sending out sub-par stock, but still a shame that you won't be getting your frog(s) YET! I'm still holding out hope that one day, you'll be a happy frog owner, too!

Hmmmm. . .Let me see what frog eye candy I have laying around for you. . .
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #1016 
SpookyTooth

Thank you both I'll be fine one of these days, until then I'm going to spoil what I have rotten! Bought a piece of driftwood adorned with two suction cups today, going to get all the anubias and java ferns from the 4 gal attached to it and hook it up in Red's tank -- it's like a floating platform. Really awesome.

Eee frog stuff! Maybe one day I can put together a 10 gal NPT specifically for frogs. One daaayyy!!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #1017 
Chesh

Spoiling the wet pets is ALWAYS a good plan Yes... one day, one day you'll have the best froggy setup that ever was, I'm quite sure of it - you're so good to your animals!

So, I popped in and had a chat with Freckles. He wants me to pass on an invitation. . . he says you're more than welcome to stop by his house for a cup of tea any time. . .with blood-worm scones, of course. . .says any friend of frogs is a frog of his. . .or friend. . . oh whatever! Interpreting Frog is very difficult at times!

Silly Frecks. . .
Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #1018 
SpookyTooth

That has to be one of the most awesome frog shots ever! He looks a little... eerie... standing up on his hind legs and what not but I'd certainly be up for tea and bloodworm scones! Perhaps some brine shrimp crumpets too?! Om nom...
Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #1019 
Chesh

ROFL!!! I walked in and saw him standing there, zenning out, so perfectly in front of his little house, I had to run and grab my camera. Shrimp crumpets, eh? Sounds delish. . . I think?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #1020 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love spoiling Carter. When I move out and have more tanks I will defently order them.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote