Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #1041 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanacute View Post
OMG. I could never do that. I mean I'm preparing to breed bettas for the first time so I kinda need the money and time to go towards that.
I hope to someday breed Bettas. I someday want an ACF I know they are hard to get and get big.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #1042 
LittleWatty

It looks like Tintrí has camalanus worms... does anyone here know anything about them, and if you do, could they potentially infect my ADFs? Also, I'm thinking about treating the whole tank with meds. I'll list all the ones I've found (I don't know if I can get my hands on any of them). If anyone has any experience with this worm, PLEASE, help me.

liquid form of Praziquental called Prazi-Pro
"Parasite Clear" by Jungle Labs
Metronidazole (not sure of a brand name)
Fenbendazole
Levamisol
Clout

Last edited by LittleWatty; 11-29-2012 at 10:23 AM.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #1043 
Chesh

I'm not the best at diagnosis and treatment, but to the best of my understanding, Levisamole is what you want to get rid of these horrid worms. I have NO idea about the saftey of this med for Betta, so double-check there. Again, not the best at this sort of thing, but from what I've read, and to the best of my knowledge, the frogs should not be affected by this parasite. That being said, I don't think they'd do well with the treatment - so you'll have to move them out of the tank while you're treating the fish. . . Gah, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! *hugs* Good luck!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #1044 
LittleWatty

Me too >.< And after just having moved everyone, I have to move them all again. I hope I don't stress out poor Tubby and Skinny while trying to sort this all out. I'd be devastated if I lost that whole tank setup.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #1045 
Chesh

:/ Poor froggies. Poor fishy. . . what symptoms is he showing? Are you 100% SURE it's those nasty worms? They're so difficult to get rid of. Poor little guy. . . hopefully someone with more experience with illnesses - and Beta - will be by to help you out *worries*
Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #1046 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

What do you think caused the worms?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #1047 
Chesh

lol, other worms. . .
Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #1048 
LittleWatty

I'm not 100% on it, but that's only because I have no experience with them. I have a thread in the Diseases and Emergencies section, someone replied that it might be them, and after looking around/doing my own research, they do seem a likely culprit. Here are the best picture I posted, in case anyone here knows anything about them:

Just as a note, I will be posting a new thread soon with the name of the worms in hopes that someone with experience will help me with this. I can't lose Tintrí :( I really really hope that ADF's can't get them. Skinny is still so small and fragile looking.

No, Chocolate Betta, I have no idea what caused the worms. The only thing I can think of is maybe he had them when I bought him. They can stay internal for a few months (as far as I read), and only now have I seen the adults protruding.

I did manage to get some Tetra Parasite Guard (or something like that... I can't remember exactly what it was). I'm thinking about using the tabs as both an external/water treatment, and soaking his food in it. Does this idea sound good/bad? I know some medicines are best used if the food is soaked in it, but I don't know about the Tetra stuff.-
Attached Images

Last edited by LittleWatty; 11-29-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #1049 
Chesh

Poor little thing... I REALLY hope you get him through. You're right, he most likely has had them for a while. . . that's so SAD! :(
Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #1050 
LittleWatty

I never would have known something was wrong if I hadn't seen the little red things hanging out. His appetite hasn't changed, he's as active as ever, as colorful as ever... I just don't know :(